Yellowstone 2007 – Day Three, Day Four and Beyond

As I suspected, few people bothered to read the PDF of the narrative (and I thank them who did), so I’ll make this a quick post . . . well, relatively quick.

Here’s the narrative for Day Three and here’s the narrative for Day Four.

The respective albums are HERE and HERE.

Now, there are some albums that were mentioned but not linked to. One is of the photos of the Canyon (HERE), and the other is of our encounter with the disperser and coyotes (HERE).

Finally, realizing no one was reading my amazing narrative, I just posted a final album for the remainder of the photos (HERE) sans narrative . . . and the world rejoiced. BTW, this last album has bears, moose, ducks, geysers, and other stuff.

I don’t know how many people will actually bother clicking on the links, but for them that do, thank you. Of course, if you are one of my long-time readers/subscribers, you can be excused for not revisiting what you already saw.

Wow . . . this looks awfully short. I should add something . . . perhaps a random photo?

How about four versions of the same photo?

9362_Actual

9360_Artistic

9362_Artistic2

9362_Artistic3

No, these don’t fit the narrative . . . Maybe I should just stop here.

This entry was posted in Musings Stuff, Personal, Photography, Travel Stuff, Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Yellowstone 2007 – Day Three, Day Four and Beyond

I like the buffalo technique of road-crossing. “You honkin’ at me?” And the elk pictures are pretty amazing. But then I always like to look at your pictures. Especially, I admit, if they are in color. Except for the stylized one of the heron, which is really terrific and even I admit the black and white is perfect.

I observed one lone buffalo wait for cars to stop, then get on the road, walk in the exact middle, and then finish crossing the street in front of the first stopped car . . . our car.

It was a tad unnerving watching an animal whose head is nearly level with the hood of my Tahoe come directly and deliberately at us. We were careful not to move or try to go by him, and he just meandered on by us.

Melisa was too nervous to snap a shot when his head was literally a couple of feet from her window. I took a brief movie of his coming at us.

2. Eddy Winko says:

What I saw I liked, Yellowstone looks like the kind of place I would enjoy visiting.

It is our favorite park (of the ones we have visited). What makes it great is that it is geared both to driving and hiking, so one can take their preference.

3. Wow! We have elk here and I see them often…but those photos you took…that one elk has the biggest rack I’ve ever seen! :o
    I liked the buffalo crossing the road! I think when animals see a car, one says to the others, “Hey, let’s be as slow as molasses while crossing the road! Just to mess with the human-beans!” ;-) HA! :-P
    Wow! Love the wolves! Getting to watch those 11 wolves would be so cool! Great photos of them!
    I feel such awe and respect when I get to observe animals!
    I once lived at 6800ft in the mountains and saw bears. I always kept my distance. One time one was running along the main highway through town and was keeping up with the cars.
    Enjoyed seeing the geysers, waterfalls, and the touring car!

4. mvschulze says:

Disperser Tracks – the original images!!!…. Nice, and nice information about the lone wolf. M :-)
    Interestingly (to me,) I just completed reading a “Journal entry” from my cousin and wife whio live in Frisco, Co., they having just returned from a one month NW driving/kyacking vacation ending in Yellowstone. Although similar, the comparison to your images, and especially enjoyably unique writing leaves theirs….well, a little dry. Your photos always leave me envious; and your writing… envious and somewhare between smiling and laughing. Thanks for the always enjoyable ‘take!”
    M :-)

Thank you; I really appreciate the comments as I’m never quite sure how people will take my writing. Few ever comment on it even as they reference the photos.