Vivid Post Office Cars

So, there is a photo challenge this week . . . it’s “vivid”. There is a challenge every week, I think, but only a few catch my eye. This was one of them.

One day, in the month of March of the year of MMXV, I found myself at the Monument Post Office. Strange that . . . I wasn’t even lost.

Even stranger, and unexplained . . .

20150321_100145-Processed_DIGI

. . . a bunch of vintage cars. I don’t know what they were doing there and all I had with me along the lines of photo-taking equipment was my Samsung Note II. I snapped away and the photos sat in Samsung memory until today.

Vivid . . . most people post one or two photos. Right, as if . . .

Here you go, a veritable vision of vivid, including an unintentional selfie. And yes; click for a larger view.

20150321_100154_DIGI

20150321_100627_DIGI

20150321_100638_DIGI

20150321_100648_DIGI

20150321_100702_DIGI

20150321_100718_DIGI

20150321_100733_DIGI

Not only vivid photos, but now a vivid memory.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ o o o o o o ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away

Astute persons might have noticed these doodles, and correctly surmised they hold some significance for me, and perhaps for humanity at large.

If you click on the doodle, and nothing happens, this is the link it’s supposed to go to: https://disperser.wordpress.com/2011/12/26/palm-vx-and-i/.

This entry was posted in Cars, Machines, Photography, Photography Stuff and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Vivid Post Office Cars

1. GP Cox says:

You hit one of my weak spots here with this post!! Love those classic mobile dreams on wheels! I see you caught a pretty good snap of yourself in the Deluxe hood’s shine.

There’s an antique car show here this next week, and I hope I can overcome my antipathy for crowds (and people in general) and go take a few photos.

And that was not the only selfie; it was very bright out, and I could not see the screen of the phone. I discarded many partial selfies, but I wanted that closeup, so I had to keep it.

Maybe it was “Bring Your Classic Car to Work Day”.
    If you’re going to take a selfie, it’s best to include the word Deluxe.

. . . and V8.

Frankly, as I mentioned above, I was pleasantly surprised at the shots since I could not really see the composition on the screen (very bright out).

3. Is that a pre WWII Packard next to that yellow Chevy?

It looks a lot like the 1937-1941 models, and the hood emblem is that of a Packard, but if so, the windshield is not original as Packard did not get a one-piece windshield until the 50’s.

. . . listen to me talk like if I know stuff like that . . .

• Almost as old as me but looks like it’s in a bit better condition, I think it looks great with the one-piece windscreen much prefer that to the alternative. My first car was a 1939 model Morris Ten and that had a one piece windscreen, which also acted as the air-conditioning. I had a small handle on the inside and when I turned it in a clockwise direction ( I put that it to stop you asking which way I turned it!) the windscreen would open outwards allowing the fresh air to come in through the bottom, trouble was when doing this in a Melbourne summer with the hot northerly blowing and temperatures up in the low 100’s F ( we were on Fahrenheit then) it was as much use as a hat full of arseholes here’s a picture of the 1939 Morris Ten

Nice photos of great cars. And a great selfie, too!

5. wow, great shots and great cars!!

6. OOH! I love well-seasoned cars and car shows! What a great find! Thanks for sharing them!
    I love how so many of the fronts of the cars look like faces! These cars have such beautiful lines and shapes and curves! And the hood ornaments rock!
    AND you are DELUXE! ;-)