Find Particular Stuff
… him who writes this stuff.
Writing forces me to examine my views as cold words on a page.
My views are borne out of my experiences on this world.
My experiences are slowly adding to the short story that is my life.
While I still can, I choose to share some for anyone who might find them useful, or perhaps just entertaining.
Photographs and written content, including original fiction and non-fiction, are copyrighted Emilio D'Alise, 2010-2018.
Unauthorized use/duplication of any portion of Disperser Tracks is strongly discouraged under penalty of maledictions, strongly worded castigation, and possible legal action.
NOTE: WordPress wiped out many of the links in older posts.
If I reference a SmugMug album, and the link does not work, it can be found here: ejdalise SmugMug
If you're new to this blog, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ page. If you're considering subscribing to this blog, it's definitively a good idea to read both the About page and the FAQ page.
Comments are subject to editing and/or erasure to maintain this blog at what is loosely described as an “R” rating. The preferred comments rating is “PG.”
Personal attacks, threats, or offensive materials are not tolerated and will be removed. Stupidity is tolerated but subject to merciless ridicule.
Stuff's Perusal Counter
- 156,652 pairs of eyes visited
World of Stuff Readers
- Photography Stuff – Part Three: if I had a Nikon P1000
- Photography Stuff – Part Two: Nikon P900 Post-processing limits
- Photography Stuff – Part One: More Nikon P900
- Variations on Bones and Leaves and Videos
- Shoot and shoot and shoot some more . . . and post-process.
- Things and stuff and photos and post-processing – part two
- Things and stuff and photos and post-processing – part one
- Wordless (mostly) Black and White Gallery
- They are sneaky . . .
- First time in a long while
Stuff Recently Popular
- Photography Stuff - Part Two: Nikon P900 Post-processing limits
- Photography Stuff - Part Three: if I had a Nikon P1000
- Firefly - Limited Edition Serenity Blueprints
- The Nikon P900 - Decision Time
- Hawaiʻi - Volcano and Stuff
- Colorado Fauna - Northern-Harrier Hawks
- Hawai'i - Rainbow and Akaka Falls
- Nikon P1000 . . . should I buy one?
- Joe Martin - Willy 'n Ethel
Stuff Before Now
Stuff by Category
Stuff in my Category Cloud
Tag Archives: photography how-to
Here’s a long post of (possible) interest only to (amateur) photographers and the rare people who like either my writing voice or my photography (or, in rarer instances, both). If you don’t fall into either category, move along; there’s nothing … Continue reading
Unless you’re a photographer, skip this. You might skip this even if you are a photographer. You could also just look at the gallery at the bottom. The P900 has the option to shoot panoramas as does my Note 8. … Continue reading
This is a post about photography software, specifically, a comparison between Google’s Nik Collection and On1 Photo 10.5. It probably won’t be short. Proceed accordingly. Leanne Cole’s Monochrome Madness — a weekly offering of monochrome images submitted by multiple photographers … Continue reading
This post is about post-processing photos and it’s a long post. I often speak of post-processing. For the uninitiated, that’s taking a photo as shot (as it comes out of the camera) and tweaking it to hopefully make it more … Continue reading
I’ve written before about my Workflow and general Post-Processing of my photographs. Just yesterday, I read a post by Leanne Cole about a hands-on trial of ACDSee Ultimate 10. I was severely tempted to buy it, but then I looked … Continue reading
I was reading another blog and ended up leaving a long comment . . . which I did not want to waste. Ergo, this post. By the way, there is only one photo in this post . . . repeated another … Continue reading
Yessiree, boys and girls! Step right up as I try sounding like I know what I’m talking about! OK, I kid . . . I have no idea what I’m talking about, and I’m not about to pretend I do. … Continue reading