Find Particular Stuff
… him who writes this stuff.
Writing forces me to examine my views as cold words on a page.
My views are borne out of my experiences on this world.
My experiences are slowly adding to the short story that is my life.
While I still can, I choose to share some for anyone who might find them useful, or perhaps just entertaining.
Photographs and written content, including original fiction and non-fiction, are copyrighted Emilio D'Alise, 2010-2018.
Unauthorized use/duplication of any portion of Disperser Tracks is strongly discouraged under penalty of maledictions, strongly worded castigation, and possible legal action.
NOTE: WordPress wiped out many of the links in older posts.
If I reference a SmugMug album, and the link does not work, it can be found here: ejdalise SmugMug
If you're new to this blog, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ page. If you're considering subscribing to this blog, it's definitively a good idea to read both the About page and the FAQ page.
Comments are subject to editing and/or erasure to maintain this blog at what is loosely described as an “R” rating. The preferred comments rating is “PG.”
Personal attacks, threats, or offensive materials are not tolerated and will be removed. Stupidity is tolerated but subject to merciless ridicule.
Stuff's Perusal Counter
- 156,718 pairs of eyes visited
World of Stuff Readers
- Answering a comment with a post – photography equipment
- Photography Stuff – Part Three: if I had a Nikon P1000
- Photography Stuff – Part Two: Nikon P900 Post-processing limits
- Photography Stuff – Part One: More Nikon P900
- Variations on Bones and Leaves and Videos
- Shoot and shoot and shoot some more . . . and post-process.
- Things and stuff and photos and post-processing – part two
- Things and stuff and photos and post-processing – part one
- Wordless (mostly) Black and White Gallery
- They are sneaky . . .
Stuff Recently Popular
- Photography Stuff - Part Three: if I had a Nikon P1000
- Answering a comment with a post - photography equipment
- The Nikon P900 - Decision Time
- Topaz A. I. Gigapixel
- Nikon P1000 . . . should I buy one?
- Firefly - Serenity Blueprints Reference Pack
- Photography Stuff - Part Two: Nikon P900 Post-processing limits
- Hawaiʻi - Volcano and Stuff
Stuff Before Now
Stuff by Category
Stuff in my Category Cloud
Category Archives: Wildflowers
Sometimes I go back to check for stuff that, for one reason or another, I did not post. Today I’m going back to June of 2013. Specifically, June 8, 2013, a windy Saturday. Melisa was doing something with a friend, … Continue reading
Few people will recognize the remnants of this plant. It grows in one specific place on Earth, and flowers once it reaches approximately 1.5 feet in diameter. That can take longer than 50 years, and once it flowers . . … Continue reading
The task of documenting the Alaska Cruise now behind me, I can tackle catching up with all the other photographs waiting patiently to get their turn. First up, some of the sights I captured during the Fall of 2012. Unlike … Continue reading
A few years ago I did a series about the Salsify plant. Specifically, the huge ball of seeds it produces. That post can be seen here. I fully intended to repeat the effort, but employing the vast stores of knowledge … Continue reading
One of our favorite activity is walking. Melisa walks every day and, whenever I am home, I happily join her. Our typical walk is four to four and a half miles, usually with something like a 300 to 400 feet … Continue reading
There were many resources I used to identify the various plants and flowers, but the ones I found most useful were (in no particular order): http://www.wildflowersofcolorado.com/index.html http://www.easterncoloradowildflowers.com/index.htm http://www.swcoloradowildflowers.com/index.htm#top Still, a few flowers eluded identification. In part this is due to … Continue reading