More Flowers and “K” stories voting reminder and stuff

The “K” stories have but a few days to grab whatever votes they can, so they’ll rely on the kindness of passing strangers who might see the stories, read them, and then vote for their favorite “Alphabet Challenge K-Stories” HERE.<<<This Is A Link

Clicking on the above link will take you to the post with the poll where you can cast your vote. The post also contains links to the individual stories. After voting, readers can — if so moved — spread the news about the story to friends and family. Or, not. But, we hope for yes.

So . . . Flowers and Stuff (birds, bugs) . . .

Yes, the magnolia tree is blooming . . . and covering the ground with the remnants of the brown coverings of the flowers.

The photos can be seen full-size in the SmugMug Gallery HERE.<<<This is a link You can also click on the individual photos for a larger version in a new tab or window.

Here are a couple of additional magnolia flowers, and yes, these were shot right after it rained (as were many of the other shots).

Of course . . . I got me some geraniums . . .

Again, I don’t remember the name of these next flowers, but they are currently one of my favorites.

Next up, a song sparrow taking a bath . . .

He did a pretty good job of splashing water around . . . almost as good as a good rain . . .

I could have captured some frames from this next video, but I thought the photos were good enough . . .

So, then, I went and checked how the flowers were doing after the drenching they got . . . and, yes, the earlier photos also had raindrops, but those were from an earlier shower.

The fly and tiny white flowers look like they escaped the rain.

This year, we tried some New Guinea Impatiens at the front entrance . . .

They are doing pretty well . . . as are the Stella D’Oro.

OK, that’s an older one, but it still looks OK.

Let me wrap this up with a few more photos . . .

A bit of humor went over pretty well on the last post, so here’s a bit more . . .

And, a gallery of the above:

Look, I know I’ve gone away from doing long posts . . . but, if you really miss them, there are many you can go back and revisit. THIS POST from 2018, for example.

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at DisperserTracks.com, know that it’s copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intentions, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

If you’re new to this blog, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ page. If you’re considering subscribing to this blog, it’s definitively a good idea to read both the About page and the FAQ page.

This entry was posted in Macro Photography, Nikon D7500, Photo Post-processing, Photography Stuff, Photos and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to More Flowers and “K” stories voting reminder and stuff

1. sandomina says:

Beautiful flowers and thanks for the App… Haha

2. mvschulze says:

Nice! I like what sounds like a momentary gentle ring of a wind chime in the rain video. M :-)

Good ears . . . we have two wind chimes up by the patio; that’s the ones you’re hearing.

. . . we still have to put up our Maine bell and that will provide a more substantial ringing.

Thanks.

3. The beauty, texture, and colors you’ve captured in the flower photos are stunning!
    Always love seeing and hearing the rain fall…and with the added chimes accompanying the rain in the video…it was a lovely duet!
    I’m sure the birds will be happy to bathe in that fresh clean rainwater!
    (((HUGS))) :-)
    PS…what the ‘frig said made me snort-laugh!

Thanks, Carolyn.

Shucks, it ain’t no beeg thang; just pressing the button, I yam.

Yes, the addition of the chimes makes sitting out there more pleasurable now. And, the water is always fresh (I rinse it out twice a day because enough birds use it to cloud the water).

Wasn’t sure how many would get the connection on the tied down comment. Glad you found it funny.

Beautiful post! Great flower shots, and the orange flower is one of my top favorites, a Gerbera Daisy (has other names as well). The first time I saw it was on Louise’s bridal bouquet in Italy. The florist said that he ordered them from another European country (Holland? Louise might remember which, though they originated from Africa).

I also recall the florist giving me a great tip (this one copied from a Google site): One common complaint regarding gerberas is the fact that they tend to bend like tulips. This is because the flower itself is so large and it becomes too heavy for the stem. To prevent this, you need only reinforce them with something like a straw, kebab stick, or floral wire.

Anyway, the magnolia is delicious looking in all its egg-white-meringue splendor.

But the cherry on top is the rain video . . . totally refreshing and wonderful! I’ll be listening to it a lot!

Thanks, Ann. I used to identify all the flowers, but now I figure them interested probably know them better than I do.

We’ve not had the bending problem, as they seem to stay relatively short. We’ll see how it goes as the summer progresses.

And yes, I was pleased on how the video turned out. Funny thing . . . I hear the chimes better on the video than I do in person (because I can turn up the volume on the video). Losing the high end of the sound spectrum has me miss out on all sorts of beautiful sounds. For instance, if we’re sitting outside, Melisa will make a comment about how noisy the birds are and how many there are . . . and I hear at most one or two, and then, only the loud ones.

At some point, I’ll have to try hearing aids again. Hopefully, the kind that won’t hurt my ears and I will actually wear.

Liked by 2 people

5. “Account ants.” I needed that.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )