Again?! Yes; Old Favorites and Another Reminder to Vote

If you haven’t yet done so — and if so inclined — please take a few minutes (about 15-20 minutes) and read the three stories in THIS post and then, if feeling charitable, please cast your vote for one of them (the survey is after the stories).

Also, if you are associated with the publishing industry (editor, published author, agent, etc.) and would like to volunteer as a judge to help us confer our Professional Recognition Award, please drop me a line or leave a comment. Thank you.

I’m sounding like a one-trick pony . . .

But with less hair and no tail.

The thing is, I got to looking at my old photos and got hooked on reprocessing them with Topaz Sharpen AI, Adjust AI, and Skylum Aurora HDR 2019. So, here are a few more . . .

First up, two Mule Deer bucks . . .

Fine specimens, they are . . . were. Those are from 2011 so I don’t know if these guys made it past 8 hunting seasons. The average life of a deer in the wild is 4.5 years because of hunting, disease, car collisions, and (out there, in Colorado) predators.

Ugh . . . let me take your mind off deer mortality . . . unless they’re eating your roses, in which case, go ahead and wish them dead.

That’s not a composite photo. That’s the full moon setting over Pikes Peak. I was late for work because I sat there, by the side of the road, waiting for this shot. I took a few more, which you can see HERE. Note how much better this photo is compared to the originals. Much more detail on the face of the moon.

If you click on the photo, the larger version will show the visitor center to the left of the moon. Lucky that . . . it could have been crushed!

The photos in this post have been added to THIS SmugMug gallery.

Next up, a photo from the Cripple Creek Visitor Center . . .

There be gold in them there hills . . . literally. I photographed that water wagon pretty much whenever we drove to Cripple Creek. Known for its gambling casinos, we mostly went for the scenic drive to and from there.

Next up, a denizen of Denver’s Butterfly Pavillion. The full post is HERE, and this next photo is from that visit.

Gotta rush to the end because it’s late . . .

Next up, a fox that had been napping in my yard in our Monument home. That post is HERE.

I’ll end with one of my favorite captures (“Holy crap on a cracker! How many favorites does Disperser have?”). The post with this and other photos is HERE.

And, That’s it for today’s post. No additional words of wisdom (though I gotz a’plenty) or advice on how one should live one’s life (though I gotz some); just a closing gallery:

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at DisperserTracks.com, know that it’s copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intentions, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

If you’re new to this blog, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ page. If you’re considering subscribing to this blog, it’s definitively a good idea to read both the About page and the FAQ page.

This entry was posted in About Writing, Animals, Aurora 2019 HDR, Feathers, Fur, Photo Post-processing, Photography Stuff, Photos, Software, Topaz Plug-ins and Studio and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Again?! Yes; Old Favorites and Another Reminder to Vote

1. Our deer leave our roses alone but they devoured all of our geraniums, even the leaves!

It depends on the type of roses you have. The kind of rose bush most people plant here in Illinois are ignored by deer (small flowers, lots of thorns). They eat our potato plant leaves but leave our geranium alone. They also feast on Hosta flowers and hostas themselves.

2. Ggreybeard says:

Some nice pics. Of course I like the Lunar shot best – but I like that old tanker too.

Thanks, Ggb . . . that was one instance where the moon photographed nearly as large as it appeared in person. Of course, that’s cropped, but still, I was pleased with the details and setting and the very early morning light.

3. I m a bit confused about the survey but…
    Wildlife pictures rarely interest me, I like the moon shot but my favourite is the Cripple Creek Visitor Centre. Please note the correct spelling!
    I hope this helps

The survey mentioned is a few posts back, where the three stories are presented. If so inclined, you click for the story you liked best. As surveys go, it’s pretty straight-forward.

As for spelling, note that American English (but I repeat myself) is a newer language than what you’re using. One could argue it benefits from numerous improvements over the now antiquated British English . . . which itself claimed improvements over its West Germanic roots. Onwards and upwards, as they say.

With this processing, one could ALMOST touch the texture in the photos . . . well, maybe that’s next! Wonderful collection and subjects . . . and yes, the moon shot is now even more stunning!

5. The detail, and texture, AND colors, in these photos is magnificent! I can’t pic just one fav! But, I must say it’s wonderful to see those dear-deer so close-up!
    PS…My internet was out for over 24 hours, but watch out! I’m back on-line now! :-)

24 hours!? . . . but . . . but . . . how did you survive?!?

I kid, of course. Some of us went the good part of 30 year (or more) without Internet. I’m sure kids can’t imagine it, but we survived on books and crappy TV shows (which, we didn’t think were crappy back then).

And, thanks, Carolyn. I’m enjoying reexamining photos I already liked.

• Don’t tell anyone…but it was actually a nice, quiet break for anything online. ;-)

Yes, some days I long for those “olden” days. I’m so glad I grew up (I know, that’s debatable! Ha!) before computers and devices. I worry about the young-uns who are so tied to social media sites and yet don’t seem happy. They need to get outside and run and play more! :-)

You’re welcome, Emilio!
        HUGS to you and Melisa!!! :-)

There are two aspects to that. One, it robs them of the innocence of youth (whatever that means — I mean it as a much earlier exposure to adult concepts and worries).

Two, I firmly believe it’s limiting (a contradiction to the previous point) for two reasons; they are bombarded by more information than they can process, and they are more susceptible to manipulation by peers and outside agencies.

Most Tech people (Google, Facebook, etc) limit their children’s exposure to social media even as they make it more addicting for the rest.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )