Coyote Cafe – San Diego

So, I broke down and scheduled a doctor visit for tomorrow morning.

But, this afternoon, we walked 0.7 miles to the San Diego Old Town and ate at the Coyote Cafe. That’s the same Cafe we ate at before our flight to Kona in June 2016.

This is the complimentary starter we got (sorry some of it got eaten before I remembered to snap a picture).

And this was the Tortilla Soup I had . . .

And this is what Melisa ordered (she also had the soup) . . .

And this is what I ordered . . .

But while we waited, I snapped a few photos to document the ambiance.

That’s a photo of a Candy Store . . .

. . . that we visited after we ate. The mural outside reflects what’s inside.

I wanted to buy stuff but someone nixed the idea.

Specifically, this drew my attention.

I felt pretty good after getting back (a 1.4 mile walk does wonders for making you feel healthy) but now, a few hours later, I’m back to feeling like something a feral cat played with or a domestic cat coughed up. I guess making an appointment with the doctor was a smart idea.

Here are a few other things I saw (and photographed) during our walk.

And we also saw a Funny Face . . .

If you’re familiar with the movie Blade Runner, you might see the similarity Kaiser, one of Sabastian’s mechanical toys (and friends). For the record, Sebastian’s totally unnecessary death undermines Roy’s later “human” moment.

Yet another example of the movie industry’s preference for needless deaths.

. . . something they got from writers, methinks . . .

Imagine my usual disclaimer here. If you cannot imagine it, read the bottom of one of my other posts.

This entry was posted in No Category. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Coyote Cafe – San Diego

1. Wow! These photos are spectacular, Emilio! Bright, cheery!
    And the food looks yummy! :-)
    We lived in San Diego for about 8 years. I still miss it.
    The candy store is fun! Something for everyone!
    I like the faces you find while you two were out and about!
    And I see you found a lot of Mr. Bones relatives.
    Glad you got a doc appointment. Hope it goes well and you feel better soon. NO fun to feel like a cat toy or like the stuff the cat hack-ed up. :-(
    (((HUGS)))

It was a good break from the hotel room which, nice as it is, is still a hotel room.

• Hope today’s appointment went well.

We’ll, it turns out that, as I suspected, I’m dying . . . just like everyone else.

But, as far as this specific instance, nothing useful. I got an inhaler to keep my lungs clear and Flonase to help desk with my allergies. I have a slightly inflamed right rear but not enough for her to prescribe antibiotics. We’re waiting on the results of the throat culture and the X-RAYS, but we’ll be on the road by then. Meanwhile, I now feel crudlier than before . . . I probably picked up some new pathogen while I was at the hospital.

Also, Melisa sounds as if she’s coming down with it. We’ll see how we handle that.

Oh, and thank you, Carolyn. The phone does a good job of taking photos.

2. Nice restaurant, I think I prefer Melisa’s selection.
    Blade Runner, one of my favourite films, the remake/sequel was poor.

I ordered Chili Relleno {sp?} but they didn’t have meat in them so, ultimately, not that good.

Much like the Matrix, there is no sequel to Blade Runner. And, you can’t call it a remake. Basically, it doesn’t exist in the Blade Runner universe.

I say that, but I’ve not seen it.

Looks like you had the cafe and candy store all to yourselves . . . just how you like it. Nice looking places, both of them. Too many skulls for me . . .

Not quite; that was an area of the restaurant that want open yet, and there was another group in the candy store but I shot looking away from them.

Still, because it was early and a bit chilly, not crowded at all . . . Just as I like it.

Those were fun skulls, just like the one I colored, oddly enough.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )