Project 313 – Post No. 273

While striving for perfection, I’m more than willing to admit to mistakes . . . as can be seen HERE.

As humans, I firmly believe we can only grow if willing to admit to our mistakes and strive to learn from them. Unfortunately, I see the majority of the people heading the other way. If When they say something stupid, rather than admit it, they double down and add to the stupidity. When they are caught in a mistake, they shift blame to someone or something else. When they don’t know something, they lie rather than admitting it.

. . . and people wonder why I’m not impressed with humans . . . so much potential squandered . . .

And now, the photo:

Project 313 273

Gee . . . this would have been a perfect photo a few months back. I mean, what better way to celebrate November than with a reminder of October?

We subscribed to newspapers for years and years.

Some lament the demise of many newspapers but let me tell you something . . . it’s their own fault. They say readership dropped because of the Internet and because the news could be found online. I don’t think so. Long before the Internet, we noticed less and less value in the subscriptions. The papers themselves change to the point that many would end up unread and piling up in the recycling corner.

To this day, I don’t subscribe to any paper (actual paper or digital paper). I don’t because the information industry is now divided into a few monopolies and I see very little independent thought, let alone research. Basically, long ago media outlets lost my respect because of either obvious bias or slanted stories. Lest people surmise I’m swimming in the conspiracy tank, you should know something . . . I research what I read and I only have to be lied to once to stop trusting a media outlet. At this point . . . well, pretty much, I trust very little I read unless I can get to the original source. And, when I do, I invariably find the story has either been misrepresented or is factually in error.

It’s a sad time for our country. We have a mix of uninformed readers willing to swallow whatever pablum is fed them by their favorite media source . . . it’s an unhealthy mix and nothing good will come of it.

Today, a special treat . . . The Don’t Mess With an Angry Fish Citrus Edition.

The Don’t Mess With an Angry Fish Citrus Edition

And . . . that’s it

Some of these posts will likely be longer as the mood hits me, but most will be thus; short, uninteresting, bland, and relentless.

You can read about Project 313 HERE.

If you’re new to this blog, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ page. If you’re considering subscribing to this blog, it’s definitively a good idea to read both the About page and the FAQ page.

This entry was posted in Project 313 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Project 313 – Post No. 273

1. colonialist says:

A vicious circle, when it comes to newspapers. Content curtailed due to reduced circulation; further reduction due to reduced readership. I still find the news more reliable on a good daily than online.
    We have an amazing tendency on the part of some locals that when caught with a hand stuck firmly in a cookie jar, they still insist they weren’t trying to take cookies.

2. colonialist says:

Love the sourly angry fish!

Liked by 2 people

3. GP Cox says:

Humans don’t fit into the nature of planet Earth, so what’s to be impressed about? They force every body and every thing to adapt to their selfish wishes. (only not every one has the same wish).

We’ll, they are a part of nature. At least, there’s no evidence aliens dropped us off here.

I think it’s just that there’s too many and that too many of the too many are not mindful of anything, not even themselves.

I suspect we’ll end up wiping ourselves out in fairly short order.

Liked by 2 people

Lovely cup photo . . . as for the Citrus Fish, well . . . it fits the “sourness” of the narrative.

Liked by 2 people

5. PHOTO: Lovely and even Spring-y!
    CARTOON: HA! Well, I miss newspapers…mostly the Sunday comics section! Yes, I’m very deep, serious, and philosophical.
    DOODLE: Ooh! Lemon-y! I like lemon on my fish!

Thank you, Carolyn. Yes, the Sunday comics were there highlight of the paper’s offering. However, these days, they’ve been made to suffer like everything else. Space requirements have shrunk the panels and because they’re still supposed to be larger offerings on Sundays, the end result is that they’re now more difficult to read.

Currently, I subscribe to two Daily Comics services and between them, I get all the comics I’m interested in.

Except for Willy & Ethel and Mr. Boffo. Those two I get directly from the source.

As for lemony fish, it depends on the fish. I used to put lemon on all the fish I ate, but now I prefer most offerings as they are. I save the lemon for the bland fish.

• As a gift last year we were given some bottles of olive oil and one had lemon added it. That has been good on some fishes.
        So I do that, or lemon, or nothing on my fishes.
        On other meats I mostly add nothing “saucy”, etc., on top. Unless it’s BBQ. :-)

Most of the fish we cook with minimum spices (pepper and salt). Melisa has a mix she uses that it’s a combination of spices (bought, not from scratch) but nothing that masks the taste of the fish.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )