Project 313 – Post No. 242

As I’m writing this, snow is predicted across the South in places that seldom see even an inch of snow . . . they’re gonna get a few more than that. THIS post (and THIS associated SmugMug Gallery) will help them prepare.

. . . lucky ducks! . . .

And now, the photo:

Project 313 242

We had quite the collection of teapots and teacups with saucers . . . and creamers and sugar bowls and other stuff. It was fun to photograph all of the pieces.

What I mean to say is this: I have a crapload of photos I could use. More than the projected life of this project.

I don’t do rides. I think it has to do with the fact that I’m an engineer by training and I understand E=mc² and I know I don’t come with any crash protection measures.

. . . but I laughed just the same.

You often hear advice for a happy life . . . “Keep it simple,” they said.

“Keep it simple,” they said.

And . . . that’s it

Some of these posts will likely be longer as the mood hits me, but most will be thus; short, uninteresting, bland, and relentless.

You can read about Project 313 HERE.

If you’re new to this blog, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ page. If you’re considering subscribing to this blog, it’s definitively a good idea to read both the About page and the FAQ page.

This entry was posted in Project 313 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Project 313 – Post No. 242

1. colonialist says:

At least that guy is flying. What do they call a dropper, I wonder.

Neat teapot, though I don’t recall having seen photos of it before.
    Funny cartoon . . . and “a payment incentive” would probably have attracted insane volunteers . . .
    Very appropriate title for your doodle . . . can’t look at it too long, a glance is plenty!

You’re probably right about the payment incentive.

I know I shared a few of the Gold Teapots before, but I’m not sure if this was one of them; I’d have to go back and check.

Even so, I have literally hundreds of photos of teapots, cups, and stuff I did for eBay listings. I don’t think I ever shared more than a few of them so it’s possible this wasn’t one of them.

3. PHOTO: Shiny beautiful teapot! They are fun to collect!
    CARTOON: HA! that made me snort-laugh loudly! :-D I’ve always enjoyed rides at fairs, amusement parks, etc.!
    DOODLE: This one be mesmerizing!

Not sure how I missed this comment.

Thanks, Carolyn.

I’ve been in a few rides (many moons ago) but always I was aware of the fact that if something broke, I was toast.

Mind you, that’s the case with many things (cars, bikes, airplanes, toasters), but those are out of necessity.

. . . no, wait; not toasters.

4. Giselle Bergeron says:

I liked the bird joke. It sort of reminded me of how a bunch of Canada geese got sucked into an Air Force spy plane’s engine. And splat! Dead birds hitting the tarmac. Unfortunately dead people, too. After that they instigated border control around the edge of the tarmac. Biologists with hazing guns kept the birds at bay. Another airport in Alaska started using border collies to chase the birds off.

Most airports now have procedures in place to keep birds away.

This particular bird isn’t going to travel far so it’s not likely to damage any airplane engines . . . Perhaps a car hood (or two, if he bounces).

How’s the writing going?

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )