Project 313 – Post No. 218

*** Caution: If flashing stuff bothers you, don’t scroll to the bottom. ***

These posts are not the only instances when I found myself dutybound to provide entertainment while keeping the effort to a minimum.

Occasionally, I would do “preview” posts which were basically snippets of upcoming stuff. THIS post also has a hastily written flash piece in response to a writing prompt.

And now, the photo:

Project 313 218

A closeup of one of the lights I mentioned in the previous P313 post. It almost looks like a precursor of a dashcam or laptop camera. It’s not. That’s just a neat blue cut piece of glass embedded in the metal frame.

And now, the cartoon . . .

For the record, I’ve eaten lots of nut cakes. Plus, I eat a lot of nuts . . . just saying.

The P313-217 post mentioned I dabbled in designing spinners and I showed one of the designs . . . but it was a static design. Here’s it now is in motion. I give you . . . The Happy Spinner Even Happier.

The Happy Spinner Even Happier

And . . . that’s it

Some of these posts will likely be longer as the mood hits me, but most will be thus; short, uninteresting, bland, and relentless.

You can read about Project 313 HERE.

If you’re new to this blog, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ page. If you’re considering subscribing to this blog, it’s definitively a good idea to read both the About page and the FAQ page.

This entry was posted in Project 313 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Project 313 – Post No. 218

1. It always amuses me when I watch the TV news and the newsreader says “Here is a report on whatever and just to warn you the report contains some flashing images! It is a dumb warning, no one can go through a day in life without experience something that flashes!

Hmm . . . not sure I would call it a dumb warning.

There is a huge difference between experiencing flashing lights in the real world and on a screen. And, some people are more susceptible than others.

That’s the same for driving videos. A person could drive every day without any problem but get nauseated if watching a clip on a screen.

The point of the warning (like all warnings) is not for people who think it’s dumb; it’s for people who don’t like the visual impact. Also, photosensitive epilepsy can vary significantly from person to person:

“The visual trigger for a seizure is generally cyclic, forming a regular pattern in time or space. Flashing lights or rapidly changing or alternating images (as in clubs, around emergency vehicles, near overhead fans, in action movies or television programs, etc.) are examples of patterns in time that can trigger seizures, and these are the most common triggers. Static spatial patterns such as stripes and squares may trigger seizures as well, even if they do not move. In some cases, the trigger must be both spatially and temporally cyclic, such as a certain moving pattern of bars.”

People who are prone to it tend to avoid or limit exposure to such stimuli.

On a side note, if I see a warning that a dish contains Spam, I might assume that it’s dumb. It is, after all, food, and good food at that. Some people, however, seem to have an irrational response to it, often out of proportion and likely purely psychological as they paradoxically relish all manners of food I would find objectionable.

• I think you probably both demolish my point and then make it for me at the same time.

Good information especially about the Spam.
        I actually don’t mind Spam in a can but I really don’t like the round slices.
        I got some corned beef today at the end of day supermarket knock down sale. A real bargain, I like corned beef!

The “making” of your point part is no such thing. The opposite, in fact.

A bit of irrelevant information . . . I don’t like corned beef . . . I don’t think I’ve ever had it, but I’m sure if I had, I’d have hated it. Mostly, I’m going on looks and texture.

The photo subject is interesting and effective . . . it did made me stop to look at it closer. Unlike your spinning doodle which made me speed up my scrolling . . .

Non-subliminal messaging work as well as subliminal. Better, in fact.

Yeah, I knew some people were not going to like the animation. In part, I think, because it’s not smooth and therefore looks odd.

3. Your link-ed older post was a joy to look at and read! Love all the photos, but especially the fox, hummingbirds, and insects! The spider was so cool!
    And, wowza, what a great story! The ending was such a surprise and made me snort-laugh! I gotta’ read that one to my hubby. He’s gonna’ love it!

PHOTO: That is so cool! Do you know why they quit using those are cars?
    CARTOON: HA! I snorted! I’m with you and Willy on that…I love nuts and eat a lot of them. I even put them in cereal, salads, fruit, crushed up and on fish, chicken, etc., etc!
    DOODLE: Aw! The Happy Spinner being even happier makes me even happier! :-)
    Ha! Just thinkin’…wonder what old hippies would think of when they looked at it?!?!

Thank you, Carolyn. I can’t wait to get back to more involved and eclectic posts. Less than 100 of these to go. Don’t get me wrong, these are also fun, but the rigidity of the format gets to me sometimes. But, a commitment is a commitment.

I imagine those lights are not cost-effective and an added expense. Also, those are rather small. MVSA legislation mandated various visibility requirements including location and size of vehicle lights.

We go through a lot of walnuts as I too put them into nearly everything (not Spam, though . . . hmm . . . ). We don’t use as many almonds or other nuts, but they too are part of the diet.

As for the spinner, I think old hippies (those who haven’t sold out) are probably too stoned to register anything at all.

4. colonialist says:

Oh. That sort of flashing. I thought it might involve a raincoat and private parts.
    Your spinner is quite pleasing, unlike my cat of 7th.

5. macquie says:

Ferris wheels!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )