Project 313 – Post No. 201

I don’t present many posts with animals in them . . . like I did HERE.

Mostly, I don’t see a whole lot of wildlife here. A few mongooses, some feral goats, and that’s about it. Although, I suppose that pretty good as opposed to bears, cougars, coyotes, anacondas, alligators, and noseeums.

And now, the photo:

Project 313 201

That’s the last of the three pairs of photos showing color and monochrome versions. We’ll next resume our regularly scheduled color process.

In some circles, I’m relied upon to solve computer problems — or, better yet —technology-related. By far the most difficult way to support anyone having problems with a PC is through the phone because you can’t see what’s going on at the other end.

However, these days I can ask the other person to snap a picture of the screen and thus make sure we are both looking at the same thing.

. . . still occasionally frustrating, though . . .

Let’s get something classy in here . . . like a Six-Legged Clown Dancing the Polka and Wearing a Formal Polkadot Speedo,

Six-Legged Clown Dancing the Polka and Wearing a Formal Polkadot Speedo

And . . . that’s it

Some of these posts will likely be longer as the mood hits me, but most will be thus; short, uninteresting, bland, and relentless.

You can read about Project 313 HERE.

If you’re new to this blog, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ page. If you’re considering subscribing to this blog, it’s definitively a good idea to read both the About page and the FAQ page.

This entry was posted in Project 313 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Project 313 – Post No. 201

1. colonialist says:

I deplore false advertising. There are stripes, as well, on the polkadot speedo.
    I did like the goat pictures. Particularly of the goat having a go at you, I kid you not!

Not false advertising . . . that’s an accurate depiction of a six-legged clown wearing a Polkadot Speedo. You’ve probably never seen one before.

I did enjoy that little trip . . . other than we came back home to see the beginning of what would end up being the deadly Waldo Canyon Fire.

2. Emily Scott says:

I used to work for a computer company and tried to explain over the phone to an elderly gentleman what ‘downloading’ something meant. Either he was winding me up or he couldn’t grasp the concept. Would have been so much easier to just show him.

I’ve given many detailed explanations and walked through examples with people . . . only to have them forget everything next time they needed to do the same thing.

For some, it’s a hopeless cause. In part, that stems from the difference between memorizing without understanding and understanding the basic and then applying your knowledge to changing needs.

Everyone wants the short cut.

3. Your animal portraits and photos are cool! Especially the mountain goats! And especially their kid-kids! So amazing! :-)

I’d take goats and mongooses (mongeese, Ha!) over those other things you named!

PHOTO: Cool nighttime-dark color and the frame is perfect!
    CARTOON: HA-snort! Years ago, I worked for a computer place and the tech-support-guys had stories to tell. I found the stories funny. They found them, and the people who called them, frustrating.
    DOODLE: Too formal to wear at the beach!

Thank you. I like shooting animal and birds. I don’t like shooting humans, but maybe I should reconsider.

There’s an old thing I had read and I don’t know if it’s made up or not, but it sounds plausible . . .

A guy called up the help line complaining that the cup holder had stop working.

The support person read puzzled; we don’t have cup holders in our PCs, he said.

Sure you do, the man replied; you press a button and it slides out.

Of course, it was the CD tray.

Why I think it’s made up is because the trays react after a short wait. Anyway, it makes for a funny mental image.

EXQUISITE PHOTO!!! Great colors!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )