Project 313 – Post No. 132

As we prepare for Lane, I’m taking a bit of time out to do a few of these in case we lose power and I’m unable to generate more.

Because of the time constraint, almost no words.

And now, the photo:

Project 313 132

Yes, that’s a chariot hubcap rendered as a pencil drawing and framed.

Why it’s probably a good idea I don’t have kids.

I’d be too busy with these posts to spend any time with them.

Also . . .

. . . I’ve always wanted to see what a Square Spiral In Yellow . . . No; In Orange looked like.

Square Spiral In Yellow . . . No; In Orange

And . . . that’s it

Some of these posts will likely be longer as the mood hits me, but most will be thus; short, uninteresting, bland, and relentless.

You can read about Project 313 HERE.

If you’re new to this blog, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ page. If you’re considering subscribing to this blog, it’s definitively a good idea to read both the About page and the FAQ page.

This entry was posted in Project 313 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Project 313 – Post No. 132

Hope Lane decides to take a break, leaving the islands calm and sunny.

Always . . . got my machete ready in case we have to make out way through fallen trees and downed power wires.

So far, it’s hitting the other side of the island. We’ll see later on as to what Lane might bring.

2. colonialist says:

So far I see no such orange-meant in your spiralling square.
    Hope you avoid getting into the fast Lane!

I was just checking some news sites on Lane and read a comment by a woman in Honolulu getting ready by buying food, water, and . . . SPAM . . . (very popular in Hawaii, the writer added!). Mom and I are confident that you and Melisa prepared very well for this event. But just the same, we’re hoping the best for you two.

Thanks for the links. I clicked on most of them expecting to see hurricane weather and was pleasantly surprised to see none . . . yet.

None yet. They had forecast we would get hit worst than Hilo but it’s been a surprise that Hilo got hit first. We may have been shielded by Mauna Loa but might yet get hit as they are saying high winds and rain later today.

5. mvschulze says:

Looked at the webcam on the roof (https://www.konaweb.com/#WEBCAM), and it seems fairly calm considering the approaching storm. Looks can be deceptive, however …as we learned from Super Storm Sandy! (Some areas here were without power for 10 days.) I’m sure you’ve got the flashlights ready! Good luck to the two of you! M :-)

We are as ready as we can be. It’s still not clear how bad it will be because the storm is slowing down but its current movement will bring rain bands our way.

6. Set your alarm clock an hour earlier!

7. I hope you are all safe and continue to be safe! Are you stocked up on SPAM?! Are you SPAM-ful? Are you feeling the SPAM-ness? Do you have SPAM-itude? Are you SPAM-ate and ready to eat SPAM?!
    PHOTO: So cool!
    CARTOON: Made me snort-laugh!
    DOODLE: Well, there you go! Now we all know!
    HUGS!!! :-D

We should have more Spam on hand but we’re being kind of lax about it. We only have four cans. We’ll probably pick up a case after the storm passes since we’re still going to be in hurricane season for another month or two.

Thanks, Carolyn and we are safe. They just downgraded the storm from KYAG(*) to MGYSW(**) so we’re not as worried. Not that we were all that worried.

Although, it was a little misleading because we didn’t go to the gym today and it turned out to be a calm if overcast day. The rain is supposed to hit tomorrow so we might miss another day at the gym. I’ll probably gain 3-4 pounds but that’s just life.

(*) Kiss Your Ass Goodbye
      (**) Might Get Your Shoes Wet

• HA! I love the abbreviation meanings!

We had a hard rain storm today…high winds (which are unusual) and rain and hail. Lots of flooding and etc. More rain predicted for Friday and then the weekend is to be sunny.
        Take care!

8. Better late than never, seems that I missed the cyclone, Did you have fun?

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )