Project 313 – Post No. 110

It’s difficult to believe it’s already August 1st . . . No, wait; I can see it on the calendar on the PC, the paper calendar I have, on my phone, and on the scheduled date for this post.

Wow . . . eight seven months have passed since the beginning of the year and what have I accomplished? Nothing.

“Were you supposed to accomplish something?”

. . . uh . . . no, Bob, but still; eight seven months, gone in a flash. At this rate, I’ll be 90 before I even realize it.

“Why don’t you do something, then?”

By golly, I think I will! . . . tomorrow, or the next day after that . . . maybe.

And now, the photo:

Project 313 110

For some reason, this brought to mind watching some of the presidential debates . . . gorsh . . . has it been two years already? Times seemed so much simpler then . . .

Maybe I should refocus on my writing and publishing efforts.

It’s been so long, that I’ve forgotten more than I ever knew about writing . . . and that sounds like I should get back into it by studying up on the craft . . .

Phew! . . . that was exhausting . . . perhaps I’ll stick with wasting my time.

Speaking of wasting my time . . .

No one would believe it but centipedes can get pretty wild. No one would believe it except . . .  we have photographic proof . . . Centipede Bachelorette Party After The Punch Was Spiked.

Centipede Bachelorette Party After The Punch Was Spiked

And . . . that’s it

Some of these posts will likely be longer as the mood hits me, but most will be thus; short, uninteresting, bland, and relentless.

You can read about Project 313 HERE.

If you’re new to this blog, it might be a good idea to read the FAQ page. If you’re considering subscribing to this blog, it’s definitively a good idea to read both the About page and the FAQ page.

This entry was posted in Project 313 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Project 313 – Post No. 110

1. I love being retired, every day is the same and the clock ticks closer to getting my old age pension!

2. You did something about exposing the truth about the stats. I tried it for myself and you are quite right. I inserted a gallery into a post, visited it myself and scrolled though and the visitor numbers shot up. “Lies, damned lies and statistics” . I really like the quote that “73.6% of all statistics are made up”, of course it is true but the .6 gives the assertion some authority.

Keep up the good work!

That’s actually a different test I’ll be running based on what I noticed. I think the Total Views numbers go up when scrolling through the images in a gallery. I also think that clicking (entering) a gallery counts as a new visitor.

I haven’t reported on it because I’m trying to figure out how to control it (I can’t very well control visitors who might wander in on their own).

I’ll be doing a post on that later today.

. . . also, it’s 73.7% . . .

3. uh — I think that should be seven months have passed…

4. Are you putting the “pro” in procrastinate?!

Well, I think you’ve accomplished a lot with your Project 313! And it has brought me daily joy! I look forward each day to seeing what you have posted!

PHOTO: Presidential debate! HA! snort :-D They kinda’ reminded me of bald Larry, bald Moe and, of course, always bald Curly.
    CARTOON: HA! I’m gonna’ start using the word “ring-rong” when someone calls to try to sell me something.
    DOODLE: ‘Tis beautiful and flowery to me…like the skirts of folk dancers! But I like the centipede gals partying MUCH better! snort Lots of legs, lots of drunk legs…equals lots of movement! :-D I saw a l-o-n-g arthropod once…still not sure if it was a centipede or a millipede.

I always work best under the pressure of a deadline . . . boy, just you wait and see how much I accomplish in the few hours before I die.

Thank you, Carolyn. Glad you can still find something of interest in these offerings.

They did kind of reminded me of the Stooges . . . Oh . . . you mean, the statues. Yes; them too.

I know, right? It seems those are just begging for someone to apply them to something.

An arthropod? Is that what you call it? . . . oh, you mean an insect! Sorry; I thought you meant . . . er, nevermind.

But, are you sure it was Metric? Perhaps it was in English units . . . an inch worm, then.

5. macquie says:

Time’s gone in flash faster and faster year by year..! By the way, did you have something you got inspiration from for your today’s art? That is psychedelic nice work!

Thank you, macquie.

Sadly, no inspiration . . . that’s the same doodle from Post 313 077 but with some effects from an app called Paper Artist.

The doodle itself has no inspiration other than me mixing colors into shapes and patterns I find interesting. The Paper Artist manipulation is one of about 8 I did that I liked.

The name is the only aspect of the process where I can make a claim of a conscious process . . . but, that’s just me coming up with odd and hopefully mildly amusing titles.

These doodles are along the lines of what I was doing in Black-n-White years ago on a Palm Vx.

See this post:

• macquie says:

I see! I had thought you had seen an other artwork or objects that inspired you why you chose the colors, hence I raised the question. Probably when you do your random works in mixing colors, your most artistic sense was being active and dominating you.. :-) Thank you Emilio!

6. You;re also wasting our time with posts like this! HA! and no hug

7. colonialist says:

You frustrated my ambition to point out the seven/eight month error on its first appearance, but fortunately there is a second appearance for me to jump on gleefully. You are determined to inflate the time by a month.

I live to provide readers the opportunity to point out my many faults.

. . . it just saddens me how few mistakes my readers catch . . .

• colonialist says:

Inobservant bunch of idiots, aren’t they? Or just too uneducated to recognise them.

“Idiots” is a bit stronger than I would use. Frankly, I think most people don’t actually read the words I write. Most just “scan” to get the gist.

I’m not just saying this as a joke; it’s evident to me by the comments I occasionally get that have little to do with what I wrote.

Also, as an editor, you’re probably trained to spot errors whereas most readers probably trust me to always be right about whatever I write (given the propensity for that to be the case).

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )