Project 313 – Post No. 071

I mentioned views and likes and comments . . . what I didn’t mention is that I tag all of the Project 313 posts the same: doodles, humor, photographs. Nothing else.

This goes against what most people advise as far as increasing traffic to your blog. You want to let potential readers know if they might find something of interest in your blog. Plus, you know, if someone is looking for humor, they might be surprised at finding 300-400 words dealing with serious and often depressing subjects. Where’s the humor, they ask. Well, there’s always a cartoon, but it’s like dieting so you can have an extra piece of chocolate after dinner. You won’t enjoy the dinner and the chocolate is not enough.

I suppose I could change the tags, but that too can be misleading. Unless dealing with a specific subject, it’s difficult condensing the content of a post into one or two tags.

I just looked and I have 1,330 blog posts and over 2,300 tags. I don’t think I actually have 2,300 different topics I’ve covered, so that’s more a matter of me being sloppy with the use of tags. That’s another thing they tell you when advising blogger what to do for increasing readership.

That, and to be more focused and targeted when posting something. Of course, me being me, I tend to do the opposite. Hence why I go all over the place.

Speaking of which, what’s with all these bloggers giving advice on how to get more readers? Only two things seem to attract readers . . . photos of cats and hinting that you have the secret to attracting readers.

Try it. If you write a blog, title a post “The secret to having a successful blog” and then include a photo of a cat in the body of your post. You don’t even need any words (transient visitors seldom read words).

I’m willing to bet that whatever your normal readership, that particular blog post will get at least three times the traffic you normally see and likely more.

OK, I think that’s enough words for this first part.

And now, the photo:

Project 313 071

I’m trying to make these classic cars macros as unique and interesting as possible. Wait, that’s not true because I don’t know what’s possible. Let me rephrase that . . . I’m trying to make these classic cars macros unique and interesting.

How am I doing?

I mean, it sounds like that should be easy to do, right?

Most people tend to think something is easy until they actually try doing it. That’s where the saying came from. You know . . . those who can, do; those who can’t, teach.

I know, I know . . . I should teach more and do less.

Anyway, this is now at the end and all that’s left is naming the doodle . . . it sounds easy but all I came up with was . . . Dust Bunny on Steroids.

Dust Bunny on Steroids

And . . . that’s it

Some of these posts will likely be longer as the mood hits me, but most will be thus; short, uninteresting, bland, and relentless.

You can read about Project 313 HERE.

Finally, if you interpret anything on this blog as me asking or wanting pity, sympathy, or complaining about my life, or asking for help and advice, know you’re likely missing my subtle mix of irony, sarcasm, and humor.

This entry was posted in Project 313 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Project 313 – Post No. 071

1. You should include the tag ‘humour’.

I read once that you should misspell some tags because lots of internet searches are based on bad spelling. I have a confession, I have a picture that is hit quite frequently, it is a postcard map of the Spanish Island of Fuerteventura but to my shame I tagged it as Fortuventura and I am convinced that this is the only reason people find it!

2. renxkyoko says:

I don’t read how to increase your viewership posts. If I’m concerned about my stats I should be posting everyday… but no, I post 2 or 3x a month. I really don’t have the time anymore , disperser. In fact, right now, it’s 3:30 AM … the only time I can do some blog reading without interruption.

Cheer up; I post every day now and my readership/views/likes/comments have not had any significant movement up or down.

As for 3:30am . . . if you’re that busy, it sounds like you really don’t need to be reading blogs. Just a suggestion.

3. paolsoren says:

I have tried and tried but I don’t know what car that is. Are you gonna say or is it a secret?

I disclosed the big secret in a comment of the last post. I will repeat it here despite the high probability I’ll face even more ElBob castigation.

That’s the emblem of a 1949 Jeepster:

The original appeared in this post:

And here’s the Smugmug link to the original photo:

• paolsoren says:

Thanks. I assumed it was American but I didn’t think of Willys. I did have an old Dodge insignia with a Star of David but I don’t know who lost it for me. That was a bit special.

• paolsoren says:

Looked at the car insignia post. Are cars made in other worlds ever seen in the good ole USA? But anyway, thanks for the idea, I might go and have a look at some cars from around here.

Well, it’s a classic cars show and ergo open to cars around the world . . . if you look at the whole series of posts, you’ll see a few token examples from other parts of the world. Personally, I think they lack the flair of good ole usofa offerings but they do have their fans.

Also, most classic cars collectors are reliving their youths and generally youths don’t have a whole lot of access to any but the most common cars (which, then, become classic by virtue of there having been a crap-load of them made and hence it’s more likely to still find some for restoration.

In case you are interested, this search will get you the posts from that show (and a few more). Note that they are in reverse order:

If you just want to look at the photos:

If you want to see some foreign cars:
          14JUNE2015 Tri-Lakes Car Show

14JUNE2015 Tri-Lakes Car Show

4. Oh, I know! If a cat wrote a blog about the secret to having a purr-fectly successful blog that would paws-itively get an increase in traffic! HA! I cracked myself up!

PHOTO: Love the colors!
    CARTOON: Willy was born to be a couch-tater!
    DOODLE: Love the title! Guess what? I’ve named all of my dust-bunnies and we party together! Mine hop, but they aren’t hopped up on steroids!

I think you’ve licked the problem by hacking up a solution.

. . . that might be backwards . . .

Willy knows hard work.
      I can’t stand dust bunnies . . . they have no legs.

5. The tags sign is that small I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you; they won’t attract any extra readers they never do I know as nobody has joined up to follow my scintillating posts because of a tag, and sometimes I use big heaps, a bit like Destiny’s droppings.

Tags help me find posts when I’m looking for them. Also, what your reader offers up can be affected by tags and what you’re interested in. And, of course, Google uses tags to match your offerings with potential readers.

. . . whether they act on it or not is another matter.

Love the Dust Bunny on Steroids . . . both the doodle and its name! And your photo is exquisitely W-onderful!!! Great job, E!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )