Project 313 – Post No. 051

I gotz to make this quick because this post uses up the last photo I had prepared for Project 313. That means I’ve gotz to spend about an hour preparing the next batch of photos I’ll use in future posts. I’m OK on the comics front because, you know, Joe Martin is a prolific cartoonist.

On the other hand, I’m not a doodler extraordinaire . . . I’ll also be scrambling to prepare more doodles and have them ready for when I write future posts . . . which will be soon because as I’m writing this I only have a two post buffer and I’m still short one blogobit.

Let me tell you, life is a lot shorter than it seems and time flows a lot faster when you’re short of it. I mean, it seems like twenty more years (one so hopes) is a long time, but two days from now comes at you awfully fast.

Not that I plan to kick the bucket in a few days time, but it could happen, you know?

Death! . . . I don’t spend much time thinking about it. I mean, it crosses my mind whenever I hear someone has died, especially if it’s someone younger than I am . . . or the same age . . . or older. Basically, every death reminds us of what awaits us.

I just heard a bit about the morality of wanting to live forever and how that’s unfair to the younger generation.

But, here’s the thing . . . typically, parents procreate so that upon their passing, imperfect versions of themselves carry on. BUT . . . we (Melisa and I) didn’t procreate. There is no imperfect version of us to carry on in our stead. It’s only fitting — it seems to me — we’d be allowed to carry on in our own stead. I mean, why settle for an imperfect version of me when, you know, you could just have me?

And now, the photo:

Project 313 051

That’s another photo from Epcot. Visually, this decorative feature of the Japanese portion of the park is one of my favorites. As far as I know (meaning: in my ignorance) this kind of structure serves no functional purpose . . . which means it probably has a religious purpose. I don’t know that, obviously, but I bet I’m not Torii from the truth.

On the other hand, I’m not sure Epcot is using this correctly . . . I guess it depends on where you approach the structure from and where you’re going. Having been there, it seems strictly ornamental.

And now . . . the cartoon.

We are such a long way from contemplating making cookies . . . perhaps someday we’ll get there but I’m not holding my breath.

And now the doodle . . . which I had a difficult time naming. But name it I did . . . I named it . . . Arlecchino Was Here.

Arlecchino Was Here

And . . . that’s it

Some of these posts will likely be longer as the mood hits me, but most will be thus; short, uninteresting, bland, and relentless.

You can read about Project 313 HERE.

Finally, if you interpret anything on this blog as me asking or wanting pity, sympathy, or complaining about my life, or asking for help and advice, know you’re likely missing my subtle mix of irony, sarcasm, and humor.

This entry was posted in Other Stuff and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Project 313 – Post No. 051

1. paolsoren says:

You and your bloody cartoons. It is now 10.30 pm where I am, and I am seventy bloody four and I need to go to sleep and you remind me that I promised some young friends that I cook them some brownies. Well I’m not getting up now. Ring me in the morning.

At your age, I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be using, you know, a notebook to, you know, write yourself, you know, notes reminding you of stuff instead of relying on random cartoons you might chance upon as you surf the InterWeb.

Also, due to the time differential, I neglected to ring you. Hope you remembered and didn’t disappoint said young friends.

• paolsoren says:

1 I have five note books but I can’t find ’em.
        2 due to time differential it is now a cold winter morning and I’m only just on my first coffee.
        But thanks anyway.

Maybe you should leave yourself a note as to where you left them . . .

As for the time . . . well, then, get to making brownies. Consider this your reminder.

2. I am not convinced that EPCOT used anything correctly. Look at UK, it is light years away from reality!

Yes, I agree. The English pavilion was fun to visit with decent food and pleasant people serving it.

I thought the Italian one was pretty good too, although I merely judged it by the number of Italian products they sold. Wait, that’s not true. We ate there and the food was to my liking. And that’s saying something as I’m generally not impressed with most Italian restaurants.

Also, the Canada display was as boring as the country, so that too was accurate. No offense to Canada; these days, boring is good.

• I liked Mexico and Norway, at least they had rides!

Come on! Those rides looked like they squeezed them in there as an afterthought. I think those are the only rides I’ve never repeated.

I think I ate at each of those once . . . and also opted to ignore as eating places. I don’t remember if the China area has a restaurant, but if it does — and likewise for the Japanese restaurant — we’ve never eaten there. Actually, we’ve never eaten at the American restaurant. Instead, I avail myself of the funnel cakes they serve from a cart outside. Grease and sugar . . . it’s what life is all about.

3. Pied Type says:

Obviously you’re spending way too much time on doodles. This was not some 60-second creation!

If you are referring to the photo, it took perhaps three minutes.

If you’re referring to the doodle, probably two-three minutes. The tools are that good.

4. In the spirit of making the most of today, living today, enjoying today ’cause life is short and we don’t live forever, etc…I used to tell my kids, “I make the most of today, ’cause I could get hit by a speeding bus driven by Sandra Bullock tomorrow.” Where I live now-a-days it would be more like getting hit by a speeding horse. Ha. :-)

PHOTO: Colorful!
    CARTOON: HA! It would be fun to think about what KIND of cookies each president would make. Hmm… Trump = Salty Nutty Nut Cookies ???
    DOODLE: Definitely Harlequin-y! Great doodle name!

You should doodle a cartoon and take a photo of it! Ha! 3 in 1!!!
    HUGS!!! Happy Monday!!! :-)

Thank you, Carolyn.

Not sure how I could convert a doodle into a picture . . . but it would certainly be a useful tool. Google has an AI they are playing with where you draw a rough sketch and the AI guesses what it is and cleans sit up to make it a nice drawing. Meaning, you can draw a rough shape of a dog and it returns a nice drawing of a dog.

It was interesting because it could guess what you wanted to draw even with minimal and poorly drawn lines . . . most of the time.

5. macquie says:

I guess behind the torii gate enshrines Epcot god in a small green towhead I see in the photo?

Hmm . . . my understanding of towhead is a head of very blond hair. Not sure what green towhead would be unless you mean the island.

The Epcot god (the god of greed) is not actually enshrined anywhere but roams freely throughout the park.

• macquie says:

LOL ! Thank you for that, yes I would have meant the little island. I actually had never known such a meaning behind ‘towhead’….. you know, I am still learning. :-)

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w