Project 313 – Post No. 029

Readers might have noticed my tardiness in responding to comments and bloggers I follow might have missed my insightful, irreverent, and often annoying comments. We had visitors and my time on the computer took a back seat to spending time with friends we’d not seen for a while.

I tried catching up with everyone I’ve missed over the last five days, but if I missed someone . . . sorry.

I had posts scheduled for the time I knew I would be otherwise occupied, but I’m writing this live a few hours ahead of its scheduled posting.

I wish I had something profound to share; an insight into the mystery that is Spam, perhaps. Alas, I only know that it’s good. And healthy. And nutritious.

Anyway, I hope to get back on schedule over the next few days.

For now, the photo:

Project 313 029

Yes, that does have a slight “liquid” treatment. I think it suits it well.

As part of entertaining guests, we had a few meals at restaurants. By few, I mean two. The Cafe 100 and the Island Fish & Chips that I’ve mentioned before. Yes, I had the Super Loco. No, wait . . . we also went to Tex, but that was just for the malasadas. Oh, wait; we also went to the Punaluʻu bakery which also has malasadas and the sweetbread I use to make french toast . . . which I did make.

You might imagine we’d eat out more, but you never know what you’re going to get when you eat out.

A home meal is more relaxed, usually suited to individual tastes, and more of an opportunity to mix good food with good conversation.

Yes, I’m still able to eat copious amounts of food at home; probably more than when I go to a restaurant since usually the food is better at home.

Anyway, I’m keeping this short because I have other stuff to do. Here’s today’s doodle . . . Psychedelic Visions.

Psychedelic Visions

And . . . that’s it

Some of these posts will likely be longer as the mood hits me, but most will be thus; short, uninteresting, bland, and relentless.

You can read about Project 313 HERE.

Finally, if you interpret anything on this blog as me asking or wanting pity, sympathy, or complaining about my life, or asking for help and advice, know you’re  likely missing my subtle mix of irony, sarcasm, and humor.

This entry was posted in Project 313 and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Project 313 – Post No. 029

1. paolsoren says:

Don’t go to too much trouble. I’m OK with the shorter ones. Gong Bong.

2. I always schedule days in advance – just in case visitors turn up and I don’t have time to write!

These posts I usually do schedule a number of days in advance regardless of visitors . . . that way, if I die, my readers won’t know my exact time of death.

That’s a great bird shot!

For once, I agree. That’s at a botanical garden or similar place near Denver. It was a strange bird to see there and for a few seconds — until it moved — I wasn’t sure if it was real or a statue.

4. mvschulze says:

Doddle seems peacock inspired. Nice. Any interest in you getting some Kilauea images? It’s making headline news every night here…

My doodles are not inspired by anything, or at least not consciously so. Like many written works and art in general, people ascribe meanings to them the artist never intended . . . and that’s the beauty of art. People find what they want from it.

As for the volcano and lava, I would love to get in there and shoot some pictures, but they have the whole area blocked off. Something about toxic fumes and the possibility of new fissures. It seems the situation, like the ground, is quite fluid.

At some point, if things settle down and it ends up being just lava flowing, they might (as in previous years, let people close enough to view. However, the last flow was within the Volcano National Park boundary and they are a bit laxer (not much) when it comes to safety and liability. Hawaiʻi County has a far stricter view on these things and it may be that I’ll never be able to get close enough to the flow for pictures.

5. Sounds like you all had some good meals!

PHOTO: I always enjoy bird portraits! That must be a Mrs. Bird..she looks like she’s thinking about how much trouble Mr. Bird is in!
    CARTOON: HA!!!! I can laugh ’cause that is not happening to me! I do not like restaurants who sing to people on their birthdays! Ack! Okay, they can sing to other people, just don’t sing to me!
    DOODLES: Cool! Far out! Rad! Groovy! Right on! Very 1960’s-1970’s-ish!!!

Yes, although I only gained one pound for the week . . . although there could be a delayed gaining (I’ll see when I do my morning weigh-in tomorrow).

It could also be a Mr. Bird thinking he’s in a heap of trouble with Mrs. Bird.

I do like that special. I would like to see more people order it.

Thanks, Carolyn. Also, in case you missed it, ElBob did a post (kind-of). Don’t know what to make of it, but at least we heard from him.

6. I’ve never known you to be tardy, many things but tardy? Never!

It depends on the relative time scale . . . I generally make my presence known every day, so a few day’s absence is noticed . . . you know, if anyone actually cared enough to notice, which they don’t.

• Well I do.
        Now does that make you feel better?
        If so you can stop sulking and start acting like a grown up

Well, thank you for that. As for sulking, I’m not even sure what the word means and I see no practical advantage to acting like a grown-up. They have no concept of fun, lightheartedness, and general tomfoolery.

Exquisite bird photo! Interestingly, your doodle looks like Sid from Ice Age.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )