Topaz Labs Spring 2018 Sale

If you’re a frequent — or infrequent — visitor to this site you might be aware I let people know when Topaz Labs is having a sale on their PLUGINS and/or their GO PRO bundle.

It’s a bit confusing when you get in there because their plugins are listed as being half-off at $499 but the sale is an additional 40% off applied at the checkout, making the suite $299.

Likewise, their Go Pro bundle is listed at 50% off, but you get an additional 40% off making it $166. The Go Pro bundle adds additional adjustments and effects to Topaz Studio which is free and people should get regardless. I’ve written a bit about Topaz Studio HERE

OK, so, let me be clear . . . I get nothing if you avail yourself of this promotion. I am not associated with Topaz Labs in any way other than I own and use their products.

The only reason I’m writing this is because they offer quality software at a reasonable price AND they have free upgrades for life. Well, OK . . . aside from the fact I like their products,  I want to support the company because I think they have a business model that is consumer friendly.

So, here’s the thing . . . there are literally multiple hundreds of canned adjustments I could showcase, but I don’t have the time because I’m old and may keel over at any moment from the strain. Instead, I’ll take a recent photo of mine as it came out of the camera (the P900) . . .

. . . show a basic adjustment . . .

. . . and then show a few other adjustments.

Adjustments like Clean’s Flat Style processing:

By the way, you can either click on the photos to see a larger version or wait until the end and scroll through the gallery to see photos side by side.

You could try your hand at a few artsy variations using the Impression or Simplify plugins.

The Glow plugin gives you many options, one of which is this abstract representation:

Understand that I could adjust the effect, increasing it or reducing it; that’s just the default for that one particular setting.

I could combine Glow with Digital Frame . . .

My Project 313 has many examples of Digital Frames.

The B&W plugin and/or the Restyle Plugin lets you present photos that appear as if from another age . . .

Their AI Mix plugin lets you get even more abstract  . . .

As I said, I could sit here and give example after example . . . OR . . . you could try their products for free for 30 days. But, their sale is only until May 7th.

Obviously, I can’t tell you what to do; all I can tell you is that I like their products and if at all interested, this is a good time to consider buying.

Here’s the randomly arranged gallery for this uncharacteristically short post.

Finally, if you interpret anything on this blog as me asking or wanting pity, sympathy, or complaining about my life, or asking for help and advice, know you’re  likely missing my subtle mix of irony, sarcasm, and humor.

This entry was posted in Photography Stuff and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Topaz Labs Spring 2018 Sale

1. renxkyoko says:

Hey, that’s really good.

Although I try to remain current on the Topaz plugins I have, I almost never use them. Or any other plugins.Lightroom and PS are pretty sophisticated now and I find almost everything I need in them.

I agree but, for specific things, having a single click solution saves a lot of time.

You also do different types of manipulations than I do and with more precise and planned intent.

I’m more:
      “Hey, what happens if I click this button? . . . wow! That looks interesting! Let me pass it off as me being creative!”

3. Your right-out-of-the-camera photos are always great. And then it’s fun to see the fun stuff you do to them. The stuff you do to them, like make them look like paintings, or mosaics, or neon is way cool. And the ‘nother-age-effect photo fun is super cool. But, please don’t do anything that would cause you to keel over.

Sorry for all the technical language I used in my comment. (snort)

Would that be called a ship or a boat? It’s sails and coloring is great. In the 3rd ‘nother-age photo, it’s looks kinda’ pirate-y. ‘Cept the people in the background are wearing shorts and are not carrying swords or shoulder-parrots.

Okay. I’ll leave now.

HUGS!!! (smiley face)
    PS….I wonder if LordBofB (ElBob) is okay. I’m worried about him. Haven’t seen him around WP in awhile. (sad face)

It’s actually an interesting boat and I’ll be doing a post about it soon. It’s a replica of crafts that Polynesians (and Singleisians) used to spread through the Pacific (and Hawaii).

That one sailed around the world and is back in Hawaii for a few months.

As for ElBob, yeah, I’ve been meaning to e-mail him. However, I have seen his comments on a few posts in the last few days.

• Oh, thanks for letting me know about ElBob. I haven’t seen him around.

I’d love to learn more about that boat!

I reached out to him via e-mail . . . he doesn’t always check or answer in a timely manner, but I’ll let you know if he does.

I’m doing a write up on that boat but I might not finish it until tomorrow. We’ll see.

4. Aquileana says:

I love the different “versions” of the same pic. So cool. I have an app which allows you to use similar filters. But my pics are not as good as yours, obviously :D
    Keep up the great work, dear Disperser. Love and best wishes :)

Thank you, Aquileana.

As for my pictures, I assure you that even mine are not as good as mine to begin with. That sounds strange, but photos are (mostly) all about presentation.

What can I say . . . the lovely original photo, the fabulous variety of processes, the glorious colors and textures . . . well, I guess I did say. Beauteous, just beauteous!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )