Happy Thanksgiving 2017

So, Thanksgiving Day . . . I never quite know what to put up for Thanksgiving. I mean, I could make a joke; something like Look who’s coming to dinner!

Past years are of little help. In 2012 I did a summary of that year’s Flash Fiction. In 2013, I PUNNED. People liked the 2014 Thanksgiving post because it was short. In 2015, I was ankle-deep in NaNoWriMo and must have plain forgot. Last year saw a mishmash of stuff . . . and I have a feeling this year will be no different.

I could talk about goats . . . Thanksgiving goats are a thing, right?

Wait, this is Hawaiʻi and there’s nothing that says Hawaiʻi like . . .

I mean, if I were back on the mainland, I’d probably be doing some sort of leaf-motif . . .

. . . although, I’m not sure if that hints Thanksgiving.

Sure, I could do flowers . . .

. . . but, again, are they really “Thanksgiving?”

Food is something associated with Thanksgiving, but this year we bought all pre-made stuff (thanks, Costco!) so it’s nothing exciting. I have photos of past food (can’t wait until we have a house again because I miss this stuff) . . .

You know what? How about this?

Thank you all for reading this little corner of the Internet. Stay safe, stay strong, and . . .

Finally, if you interpret anything on this blog as me asking or wanting pity, encouragement, or advice to better my life, know my subtle mix of irony, sarcasm, and humor is blowing right by you.

This entry was posted in Musings Stuff, Personal and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Happy Thanksgiving 2017

1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sometime you’ll have to find someone who does Kalua Turkey for Thanksgiving. Ono!!

Thanks, you too.

I’m friendly with a few locals, but not friendly enough to get invited anywhere (which is OK). That sounds pretty good, though. I wonder if they sell it anywhere (we buy almost everything from Costco and they do have some local dishes; I’ll have to look, although I doubt that’s going to be there).

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I used all caps to show my enthusiasm.

Mom’s got a bowl of crostoli ready . . . wish you were here to enjoy them! Besides appreciating having you two in our lives, I sure do like that beautiful poster! Enjoy the day!

4. WandaFaye says:

Happy Thanksgiving!
    So glad to have stumbled across your little corner of the internet. There never seems to be a dull moment here! :)

Thanks… hope you are having a good day, and a Happy Thanksgiving. Loved the goat!

6. PiedType says:

Happy Thanksgiving, Emilio! I’m repeating myself, but it bears repeating.

7. Don’t tell me you’re turning back to religion in your dotage?
    This is a religious thing I believe. Thnaksgiving, something to do with the Puritans, Brits I think from the 15/16/17th centuries or thereabouts.

Much like Christmas, whatever the origins of the celebration (and I don’t consider Thanksgiving as having a religious origin) the modern meaning has — like everything else — transmogrified into “buy lots of stuff” and “eat lots of food.”

. . . no religion needed . . . none had.

• I don’t even bother; the War Office carries on a bit she’s a Catholic doesn’t go to church though, doesn’t practice the religion but she’s a Catholic, ’nuff said!
        I used to get involved for the children but now they’ve grown I just stay at home and treat it as another day

8. kutukamus says:

Those two guest on the top sure look polite.. but hey, I guess a mere leaf motif would do! :)
    (PS: I wonder what ‘FP ward’ is, though)

Thanks . . . and FP ward has a link you can click to get an explanation . . . which follows:

in brief, at one time WordPress would pick blog posts it deemed worthy — whatever that means — and “Freshly Press them”. Basically, they would hold up the post and tell everyone “HEY! Look here; something shiny!”

That usually translated into instant notoriety for the owner of the blog and usually bring a slew of followers. As I explain in the post, I prefer organic versus artificially fertilized; meaning I like to use my own crap to sow a fertile field of crap-enriched content. Basically, I have an aversion to being helped on the road to achieving immortality (well, virtual immortality, as in being remembered for ages after I am long dead). Mind you, I’m realistic when assessing my chances of that happening as 0.000000001207%. But, say I do beat the odds . . . I would prefer it was all due to me being weird and stuff as opposed to WordPress pointing at me and saying “come look at this weird guy”.

I read the requirements for being Freshly Pressed . . . good spelling and clean language. Hence . . . . chieken shit; my FP ward.

9. Eddy Winko says:

Have a good one, or has it happened already, oh well.
    I keep wondering how you are getting on with the house hunting, but then you have probably mentioned it and I never read the post.

10. Love all the pics, especially the first one! :-D (snort)
    Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving at your place!
    I am thankful for you, Emilio! And for your photos, words, sense of humor, stories, etc! Thank you for bringing joy into my life!
    HUGS for you and Melisa!!! :-)