Rendering of a dog

So, the Note 8 — like previous Notes before it — comes with a stylus. I like to doodle, so that’s a big plus for me.

I have a couple of drawing apps that I purchased years ago and I found a couple of more powerful apps that should let me get into drawing stuff.

I like the idea of having a variety of tools and colors available without actually having the tools and colors physically available. It’a lot less messy that way.

I watched a couple of videos of artists using the Note 8 to draw famous people. One video was labeled “speed drawing” and it was about twelve minutes long. The guy drew the dragon queen (the queen who has dragons) from Game of Thrones. I don’t remember the actress’s name and I’m too lazy to look it up.

Anyway, at the end, he holds up the drawing and says “In a little over three hours, I was able to draw this.”

Three hours!? I want to sketch stuff faster than it takes me to do a blog post or write a short story!

But, I get it. Like everything else, it takes learning and practice. Last year we bought a drawing class (it was on sale) that we wanted to take online. I think I might do that soon just so I can start practicing.

Neat dog, no?

What?

No, I didn’t draw that. Whatever gave you that idea?

Nope. That the mark that a ripe Papaya left at the bottom of a bowl we were using to hold the fruits as they ripened. Here, see?

Anyway, I figure that if a Papaya can do that kind of work by just lying around and rotting, why, I should be able to do amazing stuff! I mean, I’m not rotting yet, but I’m getting there.

Finally, if you interpret anything on this blog as me asking or wanting pity, sympathy, or complaining about my life, or asking for help and advice, know you’re  likely missing my subtle mix of irony, sarcasm, and humor.

This entry was posted in Stuff and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Rendering of a dog

As much as I was fascinated with the cute dog face, I’m also fascinated with the bowl with the notch on the rim. NICE!

That’s one of a set of three nested bowls, all with a notch on the rim.

The set of bowls and two ice trays came as part of a set that included a nice dish-draining/drying tray, available at Wa-Mart for (then) about $14.

I thought it was a good deal since they had the same tray on its own for $11. It’s all plastic, but that’s good because otherwise, it would quickly rust like the previous two drying trays, and the bonus bowls are great for all sorts of stuff (we have heavier bowls from Costco when we need heft) and we use the crap out of the ice trays as we go through a LOT of ice.

Yes, the notch got my attention, too. But, I do like the dog art and at first thought that it was your creation. I’m pretty sure you’re capable of making something like that and better.

Only god — and Papaya — can make a dog. Actually, it did inspire me to give a try to that kind of drawing (minimal and with barely hints as to the shape of the item). However, I can never get the shading quite right. BUT . . . now that I have an example, I can see the dynamics of how it works. I think I’ll have to employ layers and overlay different strokes instead of doing it all in one layer. We’ll see if this fortuitous canine rendition sparks my drawing career.

Hahaha! I was really getting to like that dog!

4. You are NOT rotting, you just continue to ripen and become well-seasoned! :-)

Ha! I love the doggie face! And Cooper give it 2 paws up! :-D

HUGS and Happy Whee-kend!!! :-)

5. seekraz says:

Very clever, Emilio…when I first caught the word, “rendering,” I imagined the offal and bones and other remains from an abattoir being hauled away in a stinky old truck with magpies balanced on the bucket’s edges and others alighting or leaving per their whim. I’m glad I was mistaken…..

6. WandaFaye says:

Good one! I admit that I didn’t see a dog until I looked in the bowl. It looks like an English Sheepdog, a dirty one at that!

Looks to me more like a labrachon or a labradoodle. Then again, I’ve never had a dog, so I only have a vague conceptual idea of what dogs look like. I know they are loud, slobber, shed, and one has to pick up their crap. I suppose there are positives as well. For instance, they have one up on kids . . . you don’t have to send dogs to college.

7. You’ll be in deep trouble if you do that to my dog!
    SPAM WILL BE OUTLAWED~!

Unfortunately, I have no idea what association you drew from showing a stain on a bowl and me doing something to your — or any —dog.

I’ll assume your professed mastery of language has failed you and you misconstrued something or other. I’ll also rest easy knowing that Spam is in no danger of being outlawed.