I was bored . . .

. . . so I played around with a few photos.

Yellowstone 2013,

Yellowstone 2013

As the caption says, that was taken in Yellowstone National Park in 2013.

This next version of it was processed in onOne Effects.

Yellowstone 2013,

Yellowstone 2013

I’ve previously published this next close-up of the falls but this has a different treatment . . .

Yellowstone 2013,

Yellowstone 2013

Not different enough? How about this?

Yellowstone 2013,

Yellowstone 2013

“What are you doing looking at photos from 2013?”

Good question . . . here’s a photo from Hawai’i; one of our recent drives.

20160818_dsc8426_1-processed_digi

This next shot is from this past Sunday. We went to the street fair (again) and stayed for the lighted boats parade (a disappointing seven small boats — photos to follow shortly).

As we were waiting for the sun to set, I snapped a few photos of the sunset . . .

20161211_dsc2148_1-processed_digi

I often mention the Topaz Plugins . . . they are having a sale. Unfortunately, we’re already on the fifth day, but they are selling a different plugin each day at a 40% discount. I think the whole suite is also on sale. If not now, a couple of times a year they have pretty good deals on the bundle. And, free updates for life.

Here’s a variation of the above using the Textures plugin . . .

20161211_dsc2148_1-processed-processed-2_digi

And here’s the same shot using their Simplify plugin . . .

20161211_dsc2148_1-processed-processed_digi

Print that on Velvet and it goes up on my wall.

This shot of a wave splashing on rocks is one of many I snapped . . .

20161211_dsc2176_1-processed_digi

Here is the same shot modified using the Impressions plugin . . .

20161211_dsc2176_1-processed-processed_digi

By the way, you can click HERE for the SmugMug Gallery or click on the photos for a larger version.

Using the Glow plugin, you get yet a different feel for the splash.

20161211_dsc2176_1-processed-processed-2_digi

Well, I’m tired. I think I’ll call this quits and go watch a few episodes of The Seven Deadly Sins before drifting into the sleep zone.

Finally, if you interpret anything on this blog as me asking or wanting pity, encouragement, or advice to better my life, know my subtle mix of irony, sarcasm, and humor is blowing right by you.

This entry was posted in Hawaii, Photo-effects, Photography, Photography Stuff, Scenery, The Big Island, Travel Stuff, Wyoming, Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to I was bored . . .

1. Liking the simplify plugin shot. I can see that print on my doona cover :-)

I’m missing the Simplify ad Clarity plug-ins, so I might try to jump on them when they go on sale. I really like the Simplify shot.

You might want to jump on that; you might have already missed Simplify. Last year, however, when I logged into the account, they also had a deal to upgrade the suite thet was cheaper than buying the three plugins I was missing.

• oneowner says:

I thought they had free upgrades for life.

Yes they do . . . however, there were plugins added after I bought the original suite, and of those, I was missing three (Impressions, Glow, and Textures).

Last year (I think) it was cheaper for me to upgrade the Suite for $99 (which included the additional three) than it was to add the three individual ones which would have cost me almost $200.

So, the upgrades once you own any plugins or the suite are free. The $99 I paid was to add the ones that were missing to “fill” the suite. So, an “upgrade” charge, but not for anything that I already owned.

3. When you get bored good things happen, Emilio! Cool original photos…and the ones you played around with are cool, too! (The Simplify is great…and I really really really like the Impressions plugin one!) I never tire of waterfalls, ocean waves, or sunsets! Your photos have warmed me up a bit. Tis in the 40’s and rainy here today.

4. PS…I hardly ever get bored…but, when I do…fun mischief occurs!

5. Never imagined that you could get bored; except when reading my stuff. (thought I’d better add that before you said it!)

6. mvschulze says:

Still working with Aperture, with probably 50,000 or so images on the drives. Still thinking of going to Lightroom, partly so I could play with plug-ins like Topaz Impressions, etc. Still thinking… M :-)

They have sales every 4-5 months, so if not now, later on.

. . . do they not work on Aperture? They do work on Photoshop.

• mvschulze says:

They do not work on Aperture :-(

Just so you know, they work on their own using a program called photoFXLab (it comes with the suite). It’s a little easier doing it from Lightroom or Photoshop, but you could output files in Aperture and then open them with photoFXLab.

The whole 17 products suite is on sale right now for $500 ($499)

Only 50K images?

I’m up to 104,785 images in 4,323 folders taking up 1.58TB of space . . . and those are just the Raw files.

I then have 62,908 files consisting of PSD, JPG, TIF, BMP versions of processed photos. (170GB).

My SmugMug account has 26,566 files using 104.9GB of space

. . . I have a lot of photos . . .

7. I didn’t know about the free Topaz updates for life. Several years ago I bought a few Topaz plug-ins to use with Photoshop Elements. Then I bought a new computer and started using Lightroom and forgot all about Topaz. Maybe it’s time to look into using Topaz again!

I had bought some many years ago and hardly used them . . . then I remembered them about 4-5 years ago and got the free updates . . . then bought the suite at a reduced price to fill in the ones I did not have . . . then updated the suite with the three that came out in the last few years.

Whenever they come up with upgrades, I get a notice and a link. The other good thing is that when they introduce a new plugin, they usually offer it at half price (but you still get updates for life).

8. disperser says:

Here is the link to the Topaz Store.

They do have free trials of either the complete suite or individual plugins.

Disclaimer: I get nothing from promoting them here. Nada. Niente.