No, not dead yet . . . but nearly so

20160605_182447-01

I’ve had that poster since . . . I believe it was the late 70s or early 80s. I could be mistaken, but that’s what I remember.

Regardless of the fuzzy dating and trite message, it is nonetheless something I try to live to. Rarely has it been so difficult as these past few months.

Many of you know we’ve have sold our house and are in the process of moving. A few of you know where we are moving to (please refrain from commenting on it). For the rest, all will be revealed within a few weeks.

But, for now, it suffices to say we’ve had quite the experience. On May 16th, we decided that rather than moving all of our stuff, or even some of our stuff, we would sell most of our stuff.

By “most of our stuff” I mean everything but what’s in these boxes.

20160608_222735-01

“What’s the big deal?” you ask.

THIS private gallery shows the photos I took for our listing . . .

If you can see it in the photos, it was sold. Things we’ve owned for as long as thirty years, and a few that we had for a tad longer. Even Bob T. Bones — seen relaxing in this next photo — was relinquished to what I hope will be a good home.

20160511_192104-01 (1)

We like our house . . .

20160601_131129-01 (1)

. . . but it was time to move, and by earlier this week the house was empty, ready for closing.

Unfortunately, a clerical error (by the IRS, no less) delayed the closing for a week. I write this as I sit in an empty house. Empty except for us and four suitcases and a temporary table and chairs set.

Most inconvenient as it disrupts all of the travel plans we made.

We’ll handle it, but it’s not a satisfactory turn of events. Regardless, this post is to give a few readers — readers who give a measurable amount of excrement about us — a quick update as to why I’ve not been reading other blogs or contributing to this blog.

Like I said, this too shall pass. Hopefully, relatively quickly. When this is behind us, I will start documenting this selling and moving and re-settling experience. As I said above, it’s been quite the adventure since April and it’s not over yet.

Until then, here’s one more photo.

20160603_163816-01

That’s Snoopy (a.k.a. – Yoda) in his new setting. He looks content and we are glad he has a new home. By the way, he was one of two items listed as exclusions in the contract for the sale. Until we decided to sell everything, he was going with us on our future adventures. Now, he has to read about said adventures, like everyone else, on this blog.

The agreement is that if we win the lotto, we will come back to get him.

This entry was posted in Musings Stuff, Personal, Photography, Photography Stuff and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to No, not dead yet . . . but nearly so

1. renxkyoko says:

What ! ! ! This came out of left field !

2. renxkyoko says:

I clicked the listing….. oh, my, that’s a beautiful home .

3. mybrightlife says:

Was a wondering! Very courageous! Wishing you luck and anticipating the new adventures ahead that you will hopefully share…

4. Eddy Winko says:

Good to hear you are alive and that you have found something, look forward to hearing more in the future.
    Love those deck chairs, on my list of things to build.

Yes, very comfortable and relatively easy to build. I had assembled then from a kit that came with the plans. I sold both the chairs and the plans, but you can find free plans online.

As for finding something, no exactly. It’s more an attempt at finding something. Stay tuned for more.

5. desleyjane says:

Oh, sounds like a less than ideal situation! Best of luck getting everything sorted out. I had wondered where you were….

Thank you. Like most hurdles in life, one eventually sees them in their rear-view mirror. It’s just that they often loom larger than life when in front of you.

Knowing that, we are looking forward to when this is past us.

6. What a gorgeous home Emilio! We’ll be moving too eventually, downsizing and getting rid of a lot of “stuff”. Still looking for the right house though. I wish you all the best in your new adventure :)

Thanks. As I mentioned in the other comment, that’s all Melisa’s decorating sense. My contribution is the monster speakers in the lower level and the unique and disjointed decorating of my office.

Oh, and we haven’t found a “right” house . . . or wrong house. We will be looking after we move to the new location.

7. Darn clerical errors!
    A very beautiful home! And you captured it well in the photos!
    Bob T. Bones looks so happy! He is now living with Bonnie T. Bones?! ;-) :-P
    Continued best wishes as your journey progresses, Emilio!

Glad you and Melisa are okay, and that despite the IRS’s effort to screw everything up for you, things seem to be moving along reasonably well. Good luck with your move and the settling-in process…. will keep my fingers crossed until we hear all is well!

9. I don’t envy the packing up and moving part. Been there, done that. Last year when we were selling our house we pretty much lived in a house with a bed, 2 chairs, a tv and a few clothes for about 4 months. Can’t wait to hear you are all settled and we can see photos.

Actually, not that much packing. The angst was in deciding what to keep. And, we’ve been without TVs for going on almost three weeks. We lived without a table for about the same time, and without chairs for about a week. A friend brought over some folding chairs last night (the plan was to be at a motel, but that’s yet another unpleasant mini-adventure that will be disclosed in all its glory). Our asses are very grateful, as are our knees and backs.

10. Good luck with settling in your new place. It is good to move as you have found out – “a rolling stone gathers no moss”. We have been in this house longer than we usually stay in one place and we are accumulating a lot of moss. Amelia

11. How come I didn’t get to see the new house? Seems everyone but me did, or are they talking about the old one? :(