Even Quicker Update and Cruisers XVIII – The Details Part IX

Even Quicker Update

Holy double crap on an extra large cracker . . . my feet are dead. We rolled up our garage door at 7:30 a.m. — a full 30min before the start of our moving sale — and people were already waiting outside.

I had to ask them to give us a few minutes to move the stuff out so that they could walk around the garage. From then until 4:00pm, we had a constant stream of people come by . . . er . . . buy . . . er . . . by and buy.

We. Moved. A. Lot. Of. Stuff.

We. Have. A. Lot. Of. Stuff. Left.

We. Have. Too. Much. Stuff.

For 8 hours straight. I was on my feet wielding my considerable charm. I like to think said charm was, in no small part, a contributor to what was a great first day of getting rid of stuff.

What? Yes, I got charm! What, are you kidding me! I had both guys and gals swoon to my humor, personable and friendly demeanor, and seemingly amazing personality.

Mind you, I normally keep my charm all bottled up behind a sour and dour visage designed to dissuade people from approaching or even nodding at me.

But, when I open the floodgates . . . boy, oh boy, does the charm flow!

A quick humor graphic . . .

cage free

. . . and then on to cruisers details.

##

Cruisers Update XVIII – The Details Part IX

Continuing with my late reporting of the June 14, 2015, Tri-Lakes Vintage Car show.

Not sure how much clever banter I’ll include below as it’s late and we have to prepare for the next bout of our two-day moving sale. Plus, you know, I need to reload my charm reservoir. Not an easy task, I tell you.

I’m not identifying the various car makes and models these macros belong to because, as I’ve oft asserted and repeated, I ain’t no car guy. That said, one can perhaps determine the car associated with the macros below by reading previous posts or going to the SmugMug gallery and looking at the photos of cars, matching them to the macros.

20150614_DSC0104_1_DSC0104_DIGI

There is a SmugMug Gallery (HERE) for this, past, and future posts about this show. Also, you can click on the photos to open a larger version of the photo in a separate tab or window.

By the way, WordPress, in their continuing effort to make editing and creating posts as difficult as possible, now require two (2) clicks of the mouse to process links or embedded media.

Oh, yeah . . . it just gets better and better . . . until I’ll leave.

Anyway, the above is a mirror . . . and this is a headlamp.

20150614_DSC0105_1_DSC0105_DIGI

And, will you lookee here . . . an engine!

20150614_DSC0106_1_DSC0106_DIGI

Here is my second-favorite shot of this series. Two versions of it, even.

20150614_DSC0107_1_DSC0107_DIGI

20150614_DSC0107_1_DSC0107-Processed_DIGI

Two of the most overrated cars in the whole world offer up the next series of shots . . .

20150614_DSC0108_1_DSC0108_DIGI

20150614_DSC0109_1_DSC0109_DIGI

20150614_DSC0110_1_DSC0110_DIGI

20150614_DSC0111_1_DSC0111_DIGI

20150614_DSC0112_1_DSC0112_DIGI

20150614_DSC0112_1_DSC0112-Processed_DIGI

20150614_DSC0113_1_DSC0113_DIGI

20150614_DSC0114_1_DSC0114_DIGI

20150614_DSC0115_1_DSC0115_DIGI

People who fuss over these cars need no introduction to them . . . and the other people prefer cars like these . . .

20150614_DSC0116_1_DSC0116_DIGI

Here’s an interesting view od the hood ornament . . .

20150614_DSC0117_1_DSC0117_DIGI

. . . and what it actually looks like.

20150614_DSC0118_1_DSC0118_DIGI

Another look at the badge . . .

20150614_DSC0119_1_DSC0119_DIGI

Here’s my favorite shot of this series . . .

20150614_DSC0120_1_DSC0120_DIGI

Squint your eyes a bit and tell me that doesn’t look like a Starfighter (the Colonial Viper).

The Viper joins a long list of Sci-Fi space-capable aircrafts with both vestigial wings and the ability to make audible sound in the vacuum of space.

If you don’t think that looks like a Colonial Viper, how about with this version?

20150614_DSC0120_1_DSC0120-Processed_DIGI

I can practically hear Starbuck yelling out “Who ordered the Venti?”

This entry was posted in Black & White, Black & White, Cars, Machines, Macro Photography, Musings Stuff, Personal, Photography, Photography Stuff and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Even Quicker Update and Cruisers XVIII – The Details Part IX

1. badfish says:

I just love your old car shots. I can see why you like your favorite shots. But you know…I’m a carburetor man. I like that shot with the stacks…of whatever those things do? Suck air? I hate the new cars with no link, everything goes through a computer. You step on the gas, you don’t go anywhere…until the link to the computer kicks in and tells it to go. Hate that!

Yeah . . . it’s because of the emissions – if you can get a car without all the computerized/optimized stuff, even without a direct link, the cars will really move (better than the old muscle cars because today’s cars are lighter). Unfortunately, people like clean air. Whatchagonna do?

2. Probably where they got the idea for the Starfighter. Glad to see they have some real motor vehicles there.
    Have you ever given thought to signing up for RADA?

I never really thought much about it but the Thunderbird symbol looks like something from “Thunderbirds are Go” TV show. I don’t know which came first, though.

. . . don’t know . . . then again, birds and planes have a limited shape spectrum . . . at least aeroplanes did until the advent of computerized control surfaces. After that, all sorts of shapes seem to make their way into airplane designs.

4. PiedType says:

Austin Healey. Haven’t heard that name in a very long time. My boyfriend in high school drove one, a little two-seater convertible.

It’s a trap! . . . a death trap.

• PiedType says:

Fun to ride around in but obviously not safe. I have little faith in small, lightweight cars or convertibles. Especially not when the only view they provide around here is the axles of big trucks and SUVs.

• All depends on who’s driving it; I wouldn’t mind betting that more have been killed in a Corvette than an Austin Healey. It’s not the vehicle it’s the drivers just ask the NRA, same principle ;)

I beg to differ . . . simple physics will tell you that all things being equal, it is the vehicle.

Of course, all things are not equal . . . Healey drivers suffer from poor judgement. You know this because they choose to drive a Healey.

5. I’ve always known you are charming, with charm to spare! Hope Day #2 goes even better than Day #1!
    HA! on the Nic Cage cartoon! :-P
    Love the cruiser details! (I was gonna’ make a Tom Cruise joke, but I’ll spare you! ;-) )
    Love the Ford Fairlane logo! (I was gonna’ make a Harrison Ford joke, but I’ll spare you! :-P )
    Love the Austin Healy shots! (I was gonna’ make an Austin Powers joke, but I’ll spare you! :-D )
    (You’re welcome!)
    Your fav shot IS the coolest!

I like the old car pictures too…the older the better! But..there’s always a “but”, isn’t there?…I was sort of hoping for a picture of the garage/yard sale/ejd being charming. Oh well, maybe next time, she said hopefully….

Pictures cannot capture the magnitude of my oozing charm. At best, you could see the wonder and admiration in the faces of the people interacting with me. But, they would probably be indistinguishable from someone high on potent drugs.

I have only one more update for the antique car show. I’ll then have to hunt around for another one.

7. mvschulze says:

Got to take exception to the MG jabs, having owned five (all pre-rubber bumper models) and escaped every death threat with quick maneuvering, (or so I believed!). They all offered up a real feel for the road (ok, maybe a little too much feel.) The fact that my current one is nearly 50 years old, and generally often needs to be towed back home, doesn’t take away from the enjoyment (well, maybe a little,) of a one on one closeness to the driveing experience, and the often top-down enviroment. Fits like a glove, maneuvers tight, and the short throw 4 speed just feels… good. It also stores niecly in the corner of the garage! To me, they have been and remain FUN cars. I did own a ’58 Thunderbird once, 8 yrs old. It looked great. Bought for $500, but sold for $550 a month later. It just felt a little big and loose, and I sold it just before it basically fell apart.
    Good luck with your move! M :-)

Oh, dear . . . you poor man! Were you dropped as a child? Hypnotized? Is someone holding a gun to your head? If so, just deny any such thing, and I will send help.

• mvschulze says:

Yes, yes, and ahhh no, a rifle! Possibly explains why a client once called me “Compulsive, Excessive and Eccentric.” when I opined (?) on my adulation (?) for MG’s!
        All help would be graciously accepted with open and perhaps flailing arms. M :-)