March Anniversary Conspiracy Theory

The Sixth Anniversary of this blog passed unnoticed earlier this month. March 19th, to be exact. I used to do summaries (HERE and HERE) but they were a lot of work, so I stopped.

I can take a snapshot of where I am today . . .

These are views (not visits) . . . 89,308 views.

Blog Views

These are my current stats (posts and followers) . . .

Posts and Followers

Since 2012, I’ve managed to cover a fair amount of the world (still would like to get Greenland . . . and what’s up with Bolivia, French Guiana, and Suriname?) . . .

map

I’m averaging 252 posts per each 12 months period, so not quite one a day. Then again, lots of my posts are what people consider a tad long.

What I like is that in six years I’ve accumulated 14,353 comments; an average of almost 7 comments a day.

“That’s all fine and well, but,” you ask, “why March Anniversary Conspiracy Theory?”

I’d never paid attention to it before, but I looked back at my records and . . .

March 2005 is when we made an offer on the house we currently occupy.

March 2016 is when we accepted an offer to sell this house.

“OK,” you say, “but conspiracy? I don’t think that qualifies as . . .”

March 2009 is when I bought my Nikon D200.

“OK,” you say, “but still . . .”

March 2011 is when I bought my Nikon D7000.

“OK,” you say, “I’ll give you that’s a coincidence, but . . .”

March 2011 is also when I bought my Droid X smartphone.

“Wow,” you say, “that’s a lot of March . . .”

March 2013 is when I bought my Samsung Note II smartphone.

“Dude,” you say, “you got a thing for March . . .”

Honest, it’s not intentional.

As I said, I’d never looked before, but I happen to notice the date of my first Nikon D7000 photo and it got me wondering about other stuff that happened in March.

Then again, nothing relating to writing happened in March.

I should add a photo or four . . .

20160128_113726-Processed_DIGI

20160128_113647-Processed_DIGI

20160128_110506-Processed_DIGI

20160128_113212-Processed_DIGI

This entry was posted in Creative, Musings Stuff, Personal, Writing Stuff and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to March Anniversary Conspiracy Theory

1. Most of the bloggers I follow or who follow me started their blogs after me. You, though, got me beat by seven months. Congratulations on your sixth anniversary!

I spent quite a bit of time in Greenland. Does that count?

3. 1bl0gr3ad3r says:

…maybe oneowner would know of someone still in Greenland & might ask them to click on your 6-yr old blog? 3 more days left in March, too…. Congrats on so much to photograph and write about, too!

Weird . . . I thought I answered this already.

As for asking oneowner, I would consider that cheating. I’ll wait for someone in Greenland (I presume there are people there) to discover on their own the amazing goodness that is this blog. If it never happens, eh, I’ll live with it.

As for the writing, that’s fairly easy; I just make stuff up. The photography is a bit more time consuming, but that too is relatively easy. All in all, it seems daunting when looking it as a whole, but it never felt like a burden. Quite the opposite, as I now have a site that I love to read and explore and absolutely know for sure that I like everything here.

. . . and, thanks.

4. Margie says:

Congrats on 6 years! I don’t think there are all that many bloggers out there who have lasted that long! I’ve only blogged 4 months longer than you have, but you have triple the number of posts – that is quite an accomplishment!

Thank you.

Not sure it’s a great accomplishment, but it was (and continues to be) fun. Plus, like I mention above, I now have at least one blog that I love to read and be impressed by (there are others, to be sure).

5. Happy 6 year WordPressiversary! :-) Did you blog anywhere before here?
    March anniversary conspiracy theory…hmm…very interesting! You do seem very active in March!
    Love those pics! HA! What great creatures! :-) All cool…but really love the 3rd one! :-)
    I could move to Greenland if that would help you out. ;-)

Thank you. Yes, I had a blog on Skepticality. That blog got lost twice because of server problems. The second time, I switched to WordPress. Some of the early posts on this blog (examples: https://dispersertracks.com/2010/03/25/of-prayers-and-discrimination/ and https://dispersertracks.com/2010/03/22/pirates-vs-ninjas/) were reprints of previous entries in past blogs.

And thanks for liking the photos. Those were some of the oddest things I saw during a recent visit to a thrift store.

And, as for Greenland, that’s not the same. I mean, you are welcome to go, but the idea is to have a Greenlanderinite discover the blog on their own and be so enthralled as to subscribe. That would contribute to the lore of my universal and multicultural appeal.

Still, if I’m still drawing a Greenland blank in a few years, we’ll revisit your offer. Thanks.

• HA! Okay! :-P I was just teasing you about me moving to Greenland. I know it would not count as I am not a native Greenlandian. HA! :-D

I hope you get your subscriber/follower from Greenland! :-)

I’ve never heard of Skepticality. I blogged on Xanga before WP.

I am attracted to odd things! :-)

Skepticality is a podcast (http://www.skepticality.com/about-us/). If you registered in the forum, they would also host your blog for free. I don’t think they still do that. I was not a frequent blogger before this effort here.

. . . and I knew that since you stop by and visit . . .

6. mvschulze says:

Always enjoyed your intrusion into my otherwise normal life. Clearlly, if you should, for some inane reason, suddenly stop, I’d suffer something akin to withdrawal depression. Congrats on six. M :-)