Heartbeat

When someone wants to see if something is alive they often check for a heartbeat.

A blog’s heartbeat are blog posts  . . . so, just to let people know I’m still here, here is a single heartbeat.

Hmm . . . What to post . . . I know! How about some of the eBay stuff we are selling? Of course, everyone — OK, OK . . . three of you — remember the fly ashtray.

20151216_DSC3062_1_DSC3062_DIGI

By the way, all of these a clickable to a larger size (eBay suggests at least 1600 px for the largest side)

Here’s my roll-up magnetic dartboard.

20160102_DSC3121_1_DSC3121 20160102_DSC3117_1_DSC3117

Here’s a vintage Hall Potteries teapot . . .

20160102_DSC3099_1_DSC3099 20160102_DSC3102_1_DSC3102

Here are two Tuscan English Bone China teacups and saucers. First, the flower motif . . .

20151216_DSC3013_1_DSC3013 20151216_DSC3007_1_DSC3007. . . and the pink rose motif . . .

20151216_DSC3001_1_DSC3001 20151216_DSC3006_1_DSC3006

How about a canary yellow with criss-cross pattern Hall Potteries teapot?

20160102_DSC3072_1_DSC3072

20160102_DSC3077_1_DSC3077

It takes a bit of effort to photograph these things and prepare them for sale, hence why I’ve not been as productive with the blog. I mean, there is this, there is writing, and searching for agents, and submitting stories . . . it’s a tough life, I tell you. Why, if I won the lotto, I would probably only do half of what I do now.

I’m going to end with twelve Melba tea trio sets . . .

20151213_DSC2955_1_DSC2955_DIGI 20151213_DSC2959_1_DSC2959_DIGI 20151213_DSC2962_1_DSC2962_DIGI 20151213_DSC2965_1_DSC2965_DIGI 20151213_DSC2968_1_DSC2968_DIGI 20151213_DSC2971_1_DSC2971_DIGI

Here’s a few examples of what they look like individually . . .

20151213_DSC2957_1_DSC2957_DIGI 20151213_DSC2961_1_DSC2961_DIGI 20151213_DSC2964_1_DSC2964_DIGI

For those who are wondering about the novel-on-hold . . . yup; I’m painfully aware of it’s looming shadow hovering over me.

. . .  a few jokes I like:

apology Work Ethic Political opinion

Also, I came across these (warning, profanity):

Road Rage Photoshop

And finally, for just pure mirth . . .

Raid your child is dead

This entry was posted in Humor, Photography and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Heartbeat

1. PiedType says:

I’m not into eBay or tea cups, but those last two cartoons cracked me up. Thanks for the laughs!

2. margie says:

you should have a big pink heart with red writting on it

3. “…your child is dead.” HA!!!!snortHA!!!! Love it! :-P
    And poor Spidey!
    Sadly, Madison is typical of some college students these days.
    The photos of your E-bay “offerings” are beautiful…and should help with sales! :-)

Men do like it when women laugh at their ‘dead child’. I mean, some might get angry or hurt, but those with a sense of humor will appreciate the derision.

Thanks for the photo compliment; it does not help with sales, but maybe I’ll open a professional “auction photos” studio.

4. renxkyoko says:

Teacups…….. I’m going to save money.

5. I like the kangaroo one. V funny.

I like the china photos too. Not that I’d buy it, but its very pretty. I’ve got enough of my own to sell at some point. Your presentation for the sales photos looks very professional though and worth emulating when I ever get round to it.

6. Joanna says:

Thanks for the heartbeat, and here’s a heartbeat from me too… I’ve been away for a long time, but I’m back ‘in town’..

Beautiful pictures, and the china and teapots are marvelous. Great post. Except I can’t stop laughing about the kangaroo saying “I think your child is dead.” That’s terrible. And very very funny.

We’ll wait for the novel. It’s worth waiting for. No pressure, but we’ll start haunting you about it next week.

Thanks, Sandra. And yes, even after repeated viewings, I still laugh.

As for the novel . . . I have eight chapters I could post, but I want to reread them and perhaps tweak a few things before I go on. I’ll get there, promise.

8. 1bl0gr3ad3r says:

Hi Disperser– Wonder if you could start a local-to-your-area sales photography biz? For ebay, i mean, as “home stagers” do for real estate? Do buyers still care about markings on these things? Maybe include a shot of the stamps, marks, signatures on these pieces? Loved your humor section; Non-Sequitur is my favorite since The Far Side. Unfortunately, as learned from eeo work, only in the comics can this stuff be called what it is… otherwise, the aggrieved person’s ‘perception’ is right and the rest of us are wrong or insensitive or …. I am ready for your novel anytime! :)

most of these things don’t sell for enough money to make it worth anyone’s while. Besides, there are already businesses who will handle the selling for you, including taking the photos.

As for the stamps and marks . . . most people buy these not with utilitarian intent, but to collect. In that vein, they are very much interested in the actual stamps and markings . . . which I do show in the actual listings. Here, I just wanted to show the pieces.

As for my novel, most of this year’s novel is already on the blog. There are also the novels from 2013 and 2014.

9. mybrightlife says:

Lovely crockery and hilarious jokes! Have a good day.

The magnetic dart board . . . that took me down memory lane! Plus I really like those two flower cups/saucers. Very pretty indeed! And I laughed, again, at the kangaroo joke . . . very, very funny.