Challenge and Serendipity

I don’t usually pay attention to the Daily Post Photo Challenge . . . but the great FSM saw it fit to direct my attention to it. You see, the challenge this week is “From Every Angle“. As luck would have it, I’ve been photographing things for listing them on eBay. What are the odds?

. . . this week, they were pretty good; damn near 100%, I would say.

Here are three of each at different angles:

20150720_DSC1350_1_DSC1350

20150720_DSC1394_1_DSC1394

20150720_DSC1389_1_DSC1389

20150720_DSC1393_1_DSC1393

20150830_DSC1714_1_DSC1714

20150830_DSC1716_1_DSC1716

20150830_DSC1718_1_DSC1718-Processed

This entry was posted in Photography, Photography Stuff, Stuff and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Challenge and Serendipity

1. renxkyoko says:

I love the delft blue teapot. Is that a miniature teapot ?

Interesting pictures of interesting objects. Oddly, I seem to like them pictured at an angle, but I don’t know why.

The term is Agleitis Preferentia and it a throwback to our evolutionary past. As rock hunters (them who hunted by throwing rocks) humans are more successful calculating trajectories and intercept courses when something is running at an angle from us. Straight on, either heading our way or away from us, is much harder as far as connecting with a well-thrown rock.

Of course, I could be making all that up, and it’s just we prefer a sense of depth from a shot with perspective . . . which, coincidentally, makes it easier to hit with a rock.

I have a fondness for documentation photography. I’m constantly trying to improve my skills and techniques at the Museum. It’s not as easy as it looks sometimes and photographers are faced with challenges other photographers might not consider, especially with limited resources. I like these photos. Want a job with long hours, hot lights and no money?

Except for the “no money”, it sounds like a dream job. Even then, I would consider it were it not for the hot lights. I suppose the long hours don’t sound all that appealing either. Come to think of it, no.

And I agree it’s not easy. Lighting is my biggest problem. That, and reflections. Those are also my biggest problem. Not to mention setting and not having a proper studio. Those are all my biggest problems. Of course, processing is a pain, often requiring individual reshoots. That too is a big problem as I’m not fond of reshooting stuff.

Come to think of it, I have a lot of problems with documentation photography. Then again, it’s a fun challenge that I still enjoy. I’m sure at some point I’ll grow less fond of it.

4. Yes, it was serendipity. Nice.

5. This WAS a challenge, but you nailed it! And serendipitous for you and us! :-) 100% for sure, Emilio! :-)
    Love the different angles! Especially the pot butts! ;-) Okay, love all the pots and all their sides!
    I would imagine you will find buyers for all of this!
    Wishing you and Melisa a Happy L-O-N-G Whee-kend!!! Hope it’s filled with love and laughter and little labor or no labor! :-)

Not much of a challenge since they were already shot, but thanks.

No plans for the weekend as every weekend is a long weekend (our weekends go from Wednesday through to Tuesday, every week) but thanks for the wishes.

Likewise, hope your weekend adds to the joys of your life.