An informal survey

Dear readers, please rate the following based on your level of certainty of their existence using the following scale:

1) Oh, I KNOW they exist!
2) I don’t know for sure, but I live my life as if they exist.
3) I don’t know for sure, but I’m leaning toward “yes”.
4) It’s a fifty-fifty proposition; maybe yes, maybe no.
5) I don’t know for sure, but I’m leaning toward “no”.
6) I don’t know for sure, but I live my life as if they don’t exist.
7) What are you friggin’ kidding me? I KNOW they don’t exist!

You can rank them in the comments; for example:
a-5, b-6, c-3, d-7, e-1, f-2, g-1, h-4

Here is the list:

a) Unicorns

b) Mole People

c) Elves

d) Goblins

e) Sparkly Vampires

f) Regular Vampires

g) Jedi Knights (The Force)

h) Mjolnir

~ ~ ~ o o o ~ ~ ~

Dear readers, please rate the following based on your level of certainty the event will happen:

1) Oh, I KNOW it will happen!
2) I don’t know for sure, but I think so.
3) I don’t know for sure, but I’m leaning toward “yes”.
4) It’s a fifty-fifty proposition; maybe yes, maybe no.
5) I don’t know for sure, but I’m leaning toward “no”.
6) I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think so.
7) What are you friggin’ kidding me? I KNOW it won’t happen!

You can rank them in the comments; for example:
i-5, j-6, k-3, l-7, m-1, n-2, o-1, p-4

Here is the list:

i) Me receiving a $1,234,567,890.01 advance on my NaNoWriMo novel.

j) You growing an extra pair of arms from your armpits (one arm per side).

k) Voyager I crash-landing on my house.

l) Someone eventually inventing a perpetual motion machine.

m) Melisa and I spontaneously begin to “grow younger”.

n) Cats and Dogs interbreeding to produce the perfect pet.

o) Rocks becoming sentient (capable of conscious thoughts).

p) Me growing to a height of 6′ 4″.

~ ~ ~ o o o ~ ~ ~

Just a little experiment for an upcoming post

This entry was posted in Musings Stuff, Personal and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to An informal survey

1. Too complex. Polls are easier. You are dealing with idiots you know.

a-5; b-3; c-4; d-5; e-7; f-6; g-2; h-4; i-4; j-7; k-7; l-4; m-4; n-6; 0-6; p-5

I’d kind of like to think that Thor’s hammer is the real thing, but……

a-6, b-1, c-1, d-7, e-7, f-6, h-6.
    I-3, j-6, k (my house?), l-4, m-1, n-cats are already purrfect, o-7 (just looka at any Republican presidential candidate (so far)), p-3.

Thanks . . . and when I say ‘my’ I mean the one I own. I imagine as a historical artifact Voyager I might be worth a bit of money. I would hope enough to offset reconstruction of the house.

4. chefcrsh says:

I know sparkly vampire exist, I seen them on TV.

5. Eddy Winko says:

Yes, I mean no, I mean I don’t know, I mean I don’t care, I mean why?

6. PiedType says:

Say what? Sorry, it’s been really warm in here today and my brain is fried. And it’s getting late.

Yeah, I ran the A/C all day, and only went out to give some water to the plants. Tomorrow it’s supposed to be warmer (if I remember correctly).

• PiedType says:

I had the A/C fired up by 7 am but lost ground all day), despite my best efforts (curtains closed, tv off, ceiling fans on. I think the peak was about 76, which is my wilting point these days.

I think Denver was just a tad higher than us, but right now we’re at 66 deg, and Denver is at 77.

This whole week looks to stay in the high double-digits. Hope the A/C does a better job tomorrow.

7. Ever the eternal optimist with inner excitement and a vivid imagination who believes anything is possible, I answer “1” to each of the people on the first list!!! :-)

As for the second list:
    Other than “k” I hope everything else happens! I want to say “1” for all the others! But, since I must answer with certainty I will calm down here and say…
    i – 3
    j – 5
    k – 6
    l – 3
    m – 4
    n – 3
    o – 3
    p – 4
    What fun! I love surveys! Thanks for letting me play! :-)
    I think my eternal optimistic nature might not have been appropriate for your survey??!!

8. Ranger says:

Can I add an extra option for all of the first lot of question? I know they don’t exist but dream that they do. Second lot of questions, yep they’re all going to happen.

9. a-6, b-3, c-6, d-6,3-7,f-6,g-7,h-7
    i-6, j-6, k-6, l-7, m-6, n-6, o-7,p-4

10. Carissa says:

As much as I wish it were not so: 7777777777777777.

4444444444444444.

Truly, or in jest?

• AnnMarie says:

All 4’s for the first survey because I really can’t say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ (neither feels right). And for the second I have to correct the answers since I was in a hurry to post and did not stop to check my answer before submitting it. So, here are my answers for the second survey: i-7, j-7, k-7, l-4, m-7, n-7, o-4, p-7. Seven’s didn’t feel right for L or O, and honoring my feelings feels right.

Try this:

There is a Great Flat Pancake of the Universe Which I just made up and I say controls everything around us, our fate, our past, our future.

There is a Golden Big Waffle of the Cosmos which I have just made up and I say its main purpose is to thwart everything the Great Flat Pancake does.

What number would you give those two from 1-7?

Where would you rate Riso and Remo?

• AnnMarie says:

7 Pancake and Waffle, 4 Riso and Remo.

Pancake and Waffle are no different from the first grouping, and Riso and Remo are no different from Pancake and Waffle.

I’m guessing there’s some wishful thinking in the works.

• AnnMarie says:

I’m sticking with my answers. There is some Pollyanna in me.