It’s a 10!

This post is! Can you figure out why?

Northern Goshawk,

That, by the way, is the copy of the Hawk photo I did submit to MM 2-1. It’s a softer version of what I posted here a few posts ago. At the time I submitted this, I thought this was the nicer shot. Now I don’t know. Here’s the other for comparison.

Northern Goshawk,

Either way, I like both versions, and that is not why this post is a 10.

And it’s not because of this . . .

11209_29MAY2010_1_DxO

which turned into this:

11216_29MAY2010_1_DxO

Nope, it has nothing to do with hawks or clouds.

Also, nothing to do with this, a photo evoking bittersweet memories.

21NOV2011_1__DSC7190

It certainly has nothing to do with this:

04OCT2011_1__DSC6714

Really, I’m not giving readers any hints . . . these are just photos to pass the time as you think as to why this post is a 10.

27SEP2011_1__DSC6235

27SEP2011_1__DSC6460

11SEP2011_1__DSC5702

20120722_1_DSC6629

20120812_1_DSC7703-2

20120812_1_DSC7759 (2)

20120802_1_DSC7298-2

Hummingbird moth,

Horse,

20130504_1_DSC6371-2

Tree Swallows

2013 Tree Swallows

Give up?

. . . this is Disperser Tracks post number 1,234.

1+2+3+4 = 10

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ o o o o o o ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Way is Clear, The Path is Hidden

The Way is Clear, The Path is Hidden

Astute persons might have noticed these doodles, and correctly surmised they hold some significance for me, and perhaps for humanity at large.

If you click on the doodle, and nothing happens, this is the link it’s supposed to go to: https://disperser.wordpress.com/2011/12/26/palm-vx-and-i/.

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at Disperser.Wordpress.com, know that it has been copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intention, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

This entry was posted in Stuff and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to It’s a 10!

Hahaha! I thought you were going to say “Because it’s March 10th. Duh!” And then you didn’t. There are some great pictures in there. I like the first hawk, the one you posted the other day…he looks like he means business. But I like the other one too. All the birds are great, and the blue ones… swallows?… are amazing.

I went through posts from the last three years and pulled photos at random.

The last few are swallows. The ones on the birdbath are Western Bluebirds.

One of the things few new readers might fail to realize is just how much content (mostly photos) is in the blog. Sometimes, when I look back, I get a bit overwhelmed myself at all the stuff I posted, especially when it comes to picking favorites or particularly memorable posts. I guess it’s the curse of having varied and diverse content.

2. I love your style!! ( both commentary and images)Your photos are superb!! Amazing detail and beautiful compositions. I think I like the dreamier version of the hawk soaring!!

3. PiedType says:

Oh what wonderful photos. Love ’em all and couldn’t tell you which I like best. Of the two hawks, however, I prefer the second. Despite the spectacular landscapes that surround us here in Colo., you notice the smaller things, the little things that others don’t see or take the time to see.

Both hawk shots and the canyon got more ooh and ahh’s than the rest but all all worth revisiting.

5. 1,234!!! :-) Yay and Congrats!!! :-)
    Ha! I love the photo of the female bluejay-bird giving the male bird “what for”! :-D I knew she was the female because her mouth is open and squawking! ;-) :-P
    Wow! These photos are stupendously terrific! :-)
    Ooh! Is that a spider?!
    Love the dandelion close up! And the horse! AND the birds and bees! :-)

Thanks, and . . . you have the gender and species mixed up. The pair of birds are Tree Swallows and it’s the male with the mouth open. While it looks like he’s yelling at the female, he’s actually vocalizing at other swallows that are flying too close. The shots on either side of that one show how he tracks the flyers as he chirps. It just so happens his head is facing the female in that particular capture.

And that lady spider (looks like a lady spider) is pretty cute . . . for a spider.

Alas, one more correction . . . that’s a Salsify seed ball, much larger than a dandelion seed ball. A longer salsify photoshoot is here:
      . . . and here:

The latter also has a photo of what the flower looks like. The flower itself is also nice looking.

• As for the birds…I was just trying to be funny. ;-)
        And I was wrong on the seed ball! :o
        I’m sure I’ll have a third strike soon. I’ll just go sit in the corner in Time Out! ;-)

There are no strikes here . . . there’s nothing I like better than correcting people. Ergo, handing out strikes would deprive me of something I enjoy.

Seriously, I did not mean to sound castigating; I figure people want to know things as much as I like to know things. Besides, there are no corners here . . . nothing but open space no matter how far one travels or looks.

6. Aquileana says: