Mad? Yeah, I’m mad!

They say “never post things when mad” . . . what do they know.

Once again elected officials, and specifically religious Colorado elected officials, have struck a blow for idiocy, tyranny, and have shown themselves to be inconsiderate bastards in ignoring the wishes of the vast majority of their constituents ( HB 1135 polls were 68% in favor to 28% opposed).

Colorado proposed Compassion and Choices bill, HB 1135, a Death with Dignity proposal modelled after the Oregon law, was shot down in committee.

And religious people now rejoice at the prospect of much needless suffering. Especially Colorado Catholics. I had the pleasure of reading posts and articles about their great victory and thanking everyone for mobilizing to strike down this bill.

Let me be clear about this . . . they are rejoicing at having ensured, at least for a little while longer, people die suffering as much and as long as possible.

Religious folks occasionally wonder why they are losing ground, why more and more people shun their lunatic views . . . well, duh! On the one side you have misogynistic selfish bastards who like nothing better than to make other people’s lives miserable, and on the other side you have humans dedicated to compassion, personal freedom, and with a firm grasp of reality and a respect for reason.

Honest, if I sound pissed off, it’s because I am.

The idea that some brain-addled mouth-breather who thinks nothing of supporting an institution that systematically protects child molesters, spreads deliberate lies about AIDs, and consistently denies what can be scientifically demonstrable in favor of ‘facts’ so laughably absurd that no one with an ounce of common sense can accept as anything but made-up shit, well, that idea just pisses me off to no end.

But, of course, it’s not just Catholics. No, you have all sorts of despicable people who believe it is literally their god-given right to tell others what is best and right for them . . . and all because of a written assemblage of superstitious nonsense they themselves pick and choose from at their whim and personal convenience.

And all the while they are the first to decry any attempt by anyone to tell them what to do. Try and criticize them, and all of a sudden out comes the victimhood card.

Oh, boo-hoo, us poor christians . . . people are picking on us! Here’s a hint . . . stop being assholes.

Believer

Honest, I don’t care what these idiots do or how they want to live, other than, you know, they are foisting fear and superstitious beliefs on innocent and impressionable kids, and robbing said kids of any chance of become thinking adults who contribute to, instead of repress, the progress of humankind and civilization in general.

No, the bigger issue is that even as they ignorantly decry their poor rights being infringed upon, they think nothing of trampling on other people’s rights. They feel proud about it, too.

Let me spell this out . . . you religious folks can do whatever you want with your lives. But come and tell me what I should do with my own life, or tell me how to live my life based on what I consider a poorly written book of superstitious fables, and you, religious person, have now graduated to scum of the earth in my book.

It’s bad enough that because of hundreds of years of continued obstructionist beliefs regarding science and medicine we are probably a hundred years behind where we should be in knowledge and understanding of life-saving and life-prolonging measures, but now you want to ensure my short life has a chance to end not peacefully and painlessly, but rather with the most agony one can suffer. Well, screw you and the twisted god you rode in on!

AARRGH! . . . English is just not powerful enough to convey my anger toward these morons, questi disgraziati diseased coglioni di porci con merda per brains che non possono cagare senza chiedere permesso from an imaginary being so despicable that it ranks as the number one killer of the weak and innocents in human history . . . un fatto che i disgraziati diseased coglioni di porci con merda per brains are proud of.

People ask me how I can have such low opinion of people . . . they make it easy; every goddamn day.

Are there decent religious folks? Certainly . . . but I don’t hear many speak up for reason, stand for common decency, and most are not willing to oppose tyranny and oppression, oppose hate . . . and for that silence they earn the badge of honorary disgraziati diseased coglioni di porci con merda per brains.

To those of you who fit that particular badge, wear it proudly; you have earned it.

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at Disperser.Wordpress.com, know that it has been copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intention, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

This entry was posted in Musings Stuff, Opinion, Personal, Religion, Writing Stuff and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Mad? Yeah, I’m mad!

I agree. Very frustrating when a few loudmouths with access to a lot of money can force their will on the majority. They don’t care about anyone else,, they don’t want a democracy, they just want their own way… and it has been made possible for them to buy it.

Not sure this was a money issue . . . I will be tracking this because I want to know where the influence ultimately came from, but as of now it looks to be local (Colorado) religious organizations and, of course, the politicians themselves.

As an interesting aside, I usually get responses when I write to my representative. Not so this time . . . two e-mails so far since early last week, and no answer from either . . . the guy, Paul Lundeen, is a Republican and I know little about him because there’s not much info out there. He ran unopposed.

His website blares about individual freedom and limited government . . . apparently they get to decide which freedom individuals should have.

He is not on the committee that killed the bill. I’m still trying to find out who was on it and how the votes split. The report said it was a bi-partisan vote, and I wanted to know the names so I can personally ask them the why.

Interesting that I can’t find that information because while none of Colorado Goverment’s websites I hit have it, a Colorado ‘pro-life’ organization will provide that information if I ask them.

2. You articulate my views so very well!

I do that when I am thoroughly and summarily pissed off . . . a little calmer now. This will happen, despite the opposition from people who deserve no respect.

. . . ok, so I’m still a little pissed off.

3. I’m so glad I live in Oregon!!

4. paigeaddams says:

Yeah, I can’t really disagree with you there. I don’t blame you for being mad. I wish I could say, “oh no, we aren’t so bad!” But even though I am a Christian, I have to admit to feeling a great gap between how I choose to believe and how some other Christians believe. Not all, but there’s an alarmingly large group I feel disconnected from. I hesitate to call myself “religious” because of this, and some of my Christian friends have openly, and loudly, looked down on me for it. Lol, somehow I feel that telling me I’m not doing it right (it being Christianity in general), and ignoring the whole “judge not” thing will never convince me to think otherwise.

I feel like there is a lot wrong with how religion is handled sometimes. There are things done in the name of religion that I just can’t wrap my head around. To my way of thinking, faith is supposed to be about love and acceptance and kindness – so where does all this bullshit about cults, murder in the name of “God” (I say that with quotes because I refuse to believe in a God that condones any of this), the ends justify the means, abuse, pedophilia, and fire and brimstone “believe or else” mentality come from? Religious folk who hide behind their chosen “God/Gods” in attempt to excuse their evil sicken me, and it makes the rest of us look bad.

Honestly, you don’t have to call yourself Christian, or religious, or label yourself in any other way to be loving, accepting, and kind. And why would you ever want to with so many hypocrites out there? I know plenty of atheists, wiccans, and agnostics who fit the bill just fine, and they’re less judgmental about it than some religious folk I’ve known have been. My mom is an atheist and she’s one of the kindest people I’ve met, and her moral compass has never waivered. She knows what she believes, and what she doesn’t, and she leaves it at that.

Don’t get me wrong, I know a lot of honestly good Christians, and they outnumber the bad ones I’ve met. I’m not picking on everybody, and I’m certainly not saying I’m better than anyone. But I’m frustrated and angry too. I get where you’re coming from, and I agree with you on this, if I’m understanding the proposed bill right? To let someone go when it’s their time, and on their terms? I get it, and it should be up to them, not a group of outsiders trying to force their beliefs down a dying man’s/woman’s throat. No one should be forced to suffer against their will.

You have my word, my friend – I will never try to convert you, or attempt in any way to convince you to believe as I do, and I don’t for a second think that makes you damned or that I’m in any way better than you. We believe differently, but so what? You don’t have to subscribe to some label, or say you worship the equivalent of Santa Claus, to be a good person. Although we haven’t met, I think you’re cool, and a good person, and I respect you. :)

5. Emily Scott says:

I know there is a non-religious reason for being against euthanasia – the idea that relations might take advantage of such laws if they stood to benefit from the will – but surely we could put safeguards in case against this. We give beloved pets the right to die in peace when in pain, yet not ourselves.

It’s scary reading some of the religious arguments against it, but they too touch on the ‘protecting the helpless’ argument.

I don’t believe it for a bit that is their main motivation as all their ‘inside’ writing extolls how suffering is part of life and god’s plan for us (like I said, scary stuff when you read it, bordering on psychopathic thinking, if not fully swimming in it).

But, even if it were, all sorts of safeguards can be put in place, and have been. They point to abuses and people who have changed their mind, but again, simple and effective measures can be put in place for it, and it can be a dynamic process, much like the laws we currently have.

As for the idea one has relations who might take advantage of the law . . . if that’s the case, you are better off dead, because the alternative would for sure be a living hell.

Liked by 2 people

6. I didn’t know this was going on in CO. You have every right to be mad. Thank you for sharing this and for expressing it so well!
    ((HUGS)))

Thanks.

Colorado made the national news when someone from Colorado Springs (a religious someone) wrote a letter to Brittany Maynard extolling the virtues of suffering as opposed to choosing one’s own time to end one’s life.

Following all the discussion and editorials, it looked as if Colorado was in support of a law that would allow Coloradans the same freedom of choice.

7. Carissa says: