At Sea – 08Dec2014 in B&W

The sunset photos were nice . . . but I wondered how they would look in various treatments of B&W. I used onOne Suite, Topaz Suite, DxO Film Pack, and Silver EFex Pro 2.

Click for larger version in new window or tab (there is no SmugMug gallery for these).

Cruise 2014,sea, sunset,

Cruise 2014,sea, sunset,

Cruise 2014,sea, sunset,

Cruise 2014,sea, sunset,

Cruise 2014,sea, sunset,

Cruise 2014,sea, sunset,

The last one is a Cyanotype . . . that’s it. This post has ended . . . except for the stuff below.

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at Disperser.Wordpress.com, know that it has been copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intention, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

This entry was posted in Black & White, Caribbean Islands, Caribbean islands, cruising, Photo-effects, Photography, Photography Stuff, Royal Princess, Scenery, Travel Stuff and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to At Sea – 08Dec2014 in B&W

1. Carissa says:

The third one is really nice.

Thanks. That’s probably the closest to a straight B&W conversion, along with the first one. The others are all me playing around with other ‘looks’.

I think B&W is a good choice for sunsets. It not just the color of the light but the quality as well that makes the conversion successful. I especially like the first shot for the texture in the water.

It works when the clouds and the rays are fairly visible. I do like all of these in B&W, but then I would not have added them here if not. The first (both in color and in B&W) is not the favorite of many, but I like the same thing you mention . . . the water and the reflections playing on it.

3. They’re all great, reminded me of Max Dupain (look him up Emilio) he was a great, if not the greatest classic B?W photographer, these may interest an intrepid photographer like you>

Thanks for the links. I’d not heard of Dupain before, but then I am not a student of the art ; just a hobbyist.

Thanks for the lofty comparison, although I have a long way to go before I approach those heights.

4. These are great in B&W! Makes the light and dark more dramatic! Also, makes me notice the textures and the motion even more!
    And the bluishness (not a word!) in that last one is stunning!

Cyanotype! Wow, have not heard that word since I use to copy blueprints of drawings when working for a general contractor. That took me back a while. Anyway, I really like that photo and the one above it. Lots of drama.