Writing: the Bagel of Art

It was cold today, and an amazing light rose from the East, warming the land for a while. Dihydrogen oxide began lifting from its resting place, gathering in great masses mules that flew and typed and great heron from ancient lands dreamed of visiting greco-roman architecture.

Great is word gone home for ventriloquism rules and the gibberish monkey-typed structure rest chemically inert.

I could continue this with here Madras and Maria cookies soap green tea for the benefit.

OK, that should be enough . . .

To my few loyal readers, this is a test. I am very sorry to have wasted your time, and I will tell you it is very difficult to write nonsense on purpose (although to some it may be indistinguishable from what I normally write).

You see, a couple of times in the past few weeks I have made errors in posting. Meaning, I forgot to change the title of a post or other that I wrote, or accidentally posted using the wrong text. I then go back, and try to fix it. Sometimes wiping the post and letting people know it was a mistake.

And I get a number of likes on that post . . . often more, in fact, than my regular posts. Sometimes I get a like and an immediate subscriptions. Same thing happens with my password protected posts. They will get a huge number of views, and often an obviously linked view and subsequent subscription.

Well, crap, I know those people don’t even have the password. What are they subscribing on? Usually, on my keywords. Usually to get their name out there. Sometime to sell me things.

They are not reading the posts, sometimes not even glancing at the words. Which reminds me, I should add a picture here . . .

2012-03-17_14-43-56_602

It’s a nothing picture, but it will serve to even more confuse this post for a legitimate post.

I just want to see if anyone I do not know likes it without leaving a comment.

For comparison I had nearly 50 views some of my password protected posts. I’m curious to see how this works out.

Well, gots to get back to writing. Sorry about this. I did knowhow to warn you of the waste of time that is this post

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at Disperser.Wordpress.com, know that it has been copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intention, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

This entry was posted in Creative, Fiction, Writing Stuff and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Writing: the Bagel of Art

1. disperser says:

And here we go . . . tylercornwall7 “liked” this post a full 20 seconds after it went live. He sells food. He’s also a relatively new blogger . . . three months. Got to build up the readership, I presume,

2. disperser says:

Quinn’s Books just started following me a few minutes later. Obviously, whoever or whatever they are, they were impressed with the above post.

3. disperser says:

One of my regulars liked it as well, but no comment . . . I will give her the benefit of the doubt, but . . . .

Come on, you have to admit the writing was GREAT!

“. . . the gibberish monkey-typed structure rest chemically inert. . . .” Where else you gonna read stuff like that!?

• oneowner says:

Your absolutely right. If I want to read bad writing I’ll write it myself.

That cuts! That cuts deep . . .

. . . but perhaps you are missing the nod to the thousand monkeys and thousand typewriters hypothesis, and the philosophical implication should they, just by pure chance, bang out a classic . . . the structure of the words would be there, but without the chemistry of the author, is it really the same? I contend not!

Much like if we were to stir an alphabet soup, and get E=mc^2, it would not have the same meaning as that which came from the cumulative learning of countless generations.

But, I understand . . . great artists are often misunderstood until well after they have met their demise from drink and despair.

As I am not a slave of the one, and do not suffer from the other, you, and the world, might have to wait as much as three decade before my genius is recognized . . . or at least I certainly hope so.

4. I liked the first part. I had a wonderful image of great heron dreaming about ancient buildings and flying over to Italy/Greece/North Africa.

Don’t know about that, but just this post got me two new followers . . . no, I don’t think they read it, or if they did, they really, really, really like me.

And likely, they will never do anything else here, or respond to anything I do.

hahaha ! I was relieved to get to the end of your explanation and discover that you weren’t delirious with fever..

I did like the herons dreaming about ancient buildings, though, and wonder if they were flying around Atlantis in their dreams. Kind of a nice touch, on a cold morning

I was not sure how people would take this. At the time u was uncomfortable, and the fact I got so many likes for something that was not even a post kind of irked me a bit. I wondered if I could get likes for just gibberish (I did, and two new followers! Which goes to show you how valuable the majority of followers really are).

But then, I pretty much already knew that.

. . . but now it looks like I’ll need to write about that dang heron, since I got to comments on it. It will be yet another challenge I’ll enjoy.

As for Remo’s sense of humor, I suspect it’s all an act. Sort of like clowns.

6. I’m confused. I’m amused. I’m Parkay! :-D
    I love bagels! :-P
    I love anything involving monkeys!!! 🐵
    Now I shall leave! :-D

Interesting detour, this one. “Recalculating!”