Sad news for tonight

20140111143820_1

I’ve written around a thousand words toward the next chapter in the NaNoWriMo 2 Novel, and I really wanted to finish this chapter this evening, but I’m being overtaken with a rare desire to sleep. Normally I would push through another few hours and get this out, but part of healing is getting a good night rest.

So, when the sleep bell tolls . . .

20140111153227_1

I don’t ask questions. I know it tolls for me.

It may have something to do with the temperature being around 1° F outside, or it may have to do with the fact that I am typing laying down, and my body is used to sleep whenever I am horizontal (about four hours each night).  Or it could be because I am fasting, and that always throws me off.

Whatever the reason, I will try and put this up sometimes tomorrow morning or early afternoon (I have to go see a doctor about some blood work early in the morning).

My apologies to all them who were eagerly awaiting the two main characters getting killed. (That’s called a teaser; it’s almost always misleading.)

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at Disperser.Wordpress.com, know that it has been copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intention, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

This entry was posted in Fiction, Stuff, Writing Stuff and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Sad news for tonight

1. renxkyoko says:

Remo and Raven ? XD

Hope you are feeling better….. your stories are worth waiting for, but you are not easily replaceable. Take good care of yourself, and hope the blood tests turn out okay. And that you are feeling better very soon.

Don’t know there would even be a great demand to replace me, but I appreciate the sentiment.

The blood test is for my yearly psychical, where they will tell me I need to eat healthier, and lose some weight. Little do they know we’re going on a cruise in December, and the concept of eating healthy is going to be far from our mind.

At my best I can get up to 6 hours of sleep. More if I’m healing. Still, yon managed a post with a couple of nice photos.

More phone photos, and I thought they turned out pretty well. As for sleep, generally 4 to 5 hours hours. Any longer and I end up waking up in the middle of the night.

“They” keep saying I should get 8 hour sleep, but the only way I can ever do that is by going two sequential nights with 3 hours or less of sleep, then have two for hours sessions in one night.

4. Perry says:

Get up, ya lazy bum. That novel aint gonna write itself. You can sleep when you’re dead . . . unless you go to hell.

5. What is that thing in the first pic?!?!
    Ha! :-D ;-)
    Yes, sleep is important…especially right now, for you. So you will get some rest and etc and then get back to the writing. :-)
    Hope visiting the vampires went well and the results are good! :-)

It’s a company called Labcorp who has agreements with a number of insurance companies, and they handle all of the lab procedures for said companies

This blood drawing was in preparation for my physical next week.

One thing they always do, is bruise the arm. Now, you have to understand that my veins at the crook of the left elbow stand out like if they want to reach out and grab the needle. They are difficult to miss, and usually nurses positively gush over them.

In fact, when I was at the ER last week, they repositioned their equipment so they could use the left arm (I occasionally donate blood, and that’s also appreciated there).

Labcorp nurses consistently have problems with even with veins that are practically straining to jump outside the skin, and are about 3-4mm wide.

Whereas last week I could not even tell where the ER nurse had drawn blood from as little as an hour after they did, right now I have a 2-3 inch bruise on my left arm. Honest, I don’t know where Labcorp trains their workers. It’s either gross incompetence, or they use barbed needles. I’m calling a combination of both.

I’ll know the results next week.