Untitled Post 00078

Click on photos for larger view

The big engine that stood

The big engine that stood

The big engine that stood

The big engine that stood

Versatility for sale

Versatility for sale

Minneapolis stepping out on St. Paul

Minneapolis stepping out on St. Paul

Minneapolis stepping out on St. Paul

Minneapolis stepping out on St. Paul

<><><o><><><><><><><><><o><><>

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at Disperser.Wordpress.com, know that it has been copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intention, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

<><><o><><><><><><><><><o><><>

Please know I will decline blogger-to-blogger awards.   I appreciate the intent behind it, but I prefer a comment thanking me for turning you away from a life of crime, religion, or for making you a better person in some other way.  That would mean something to me. Find out more by clicking any of the links below.

This entry was posted in Photography, Photography Stuff and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Untitled Post 00078

I love the red tractor…. bet it could tell a few stories!

At first I thought this might be a truck and tractor graveyard, but they look too well maintained and cared for.

It’s a field along Hwy. 24 on Ute Pass on what used to be my way to and from work. There would occasionally be machinery there, and it was not always clear, but they were for sale (including the engine).

Sometimes they would sit there for a month or two, sometimes a year, and eventually they would be gone (either sold or scrapped). I suspect the tractors were sold because they were in reasonable shape. The engine sat there for almost 3 years before departing for destination unknown.

3. Eddy Winko says:

I’m surprised no one has weighed it in for scrap :) Great pics of an interesting subject

I assume you mean the engine (the tractors were in pretty good shape). I think it was being sold as a working engine, but I don’t know for sure.

Wow! What a surprising colorful post.