Untitled Post 00070

Click on photos for larger view

4286_Illinois_Jun06_1_DIGI

4289_Illinois_Jun06_1_DIGI

4290_Illinois_Jun06_1_DIGI

<><><><><o><><><><><><><><><o><><><><>

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at Disperser.Wordpress.com, know that it has been copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intention, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

<><><><><o><><><><><><><><><o><><><><>

Please know I will decline blogger-to-blogger awards.   I appreciate the intent behind it, but I prefer a comment thanking me for turning you away from a life of crime, religion, or for making you a better person in some other way.  That would mean something to me. Find out more by clicking any of the links below.

This entry was posted in Photography, Photography Stuff, Snakes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Untitled Post 00070

1. colonialist says:

Good studies of that colourfully slinky character.

I agree. with the comment above. But do remember that the prettier and more colorful a snake appears, the less likely he is going to be a good playmate for you. :-)

I don’t generally look for playmates from the animal kingdom (other than some pets I’ve housed over the years).

This character is likely a Midland or Northern Water Snake, non-venomous. He was more concerned about me than I was about him, and I did my best to not startle or disturb it beyond snapping the photos.

3. seekraz says:

Places to go…people to see….

Okay. I’m outta here!

5. Emily Heath says:

Nicely done, snake.

6. I know they are fascinating, in theory, but so frightening………….

7. Great captures but creepy.

You live in Australia, right? . . . I was under the impression half the animals in Australia are not only creepy, but can kill you even when not trying to.

But yes; some people do find snakes creepy. I’m not a tremendous fan because I don’t usually know which are harmless, and which aren’t, but I can appreciate how well adapted they are for what they do.

That first photo is AWESOME! Excellent shot of the snake but the composition and the colors get two thumbs up!!!