Untitled Post 00057

Click on photos for larger view

Original

Original

Mod 1 - the B&W

Mod 1 – the B&W

Mod 2 - the Anime

Mod 2 – the Anime

Mod 3 - Night Flight

Mod 3 – Night Flight

Mod 4 - Moonlight Flight

Mod 4 – Moonlight Flight

<><><><><o><><><><><><><><><o><><><><>

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at Disperser.Wordpress.com, know that it has been copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intention, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

<><><><><o><><><><><><><><><o><><><><>

Please know I will decline blogger-to-blogger awards.   I appreciate the intent behind it, but I prefer a comment thanking me for turning you away from a life of crime, religion, or for making you a better person in some other way.  That would mean something to me. Find out more by clicking any of the links below.

This entry was posted in Birds, Black & White, Great Egret, Photo-effects, Photography, Photography Stuff and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Untitled Post 00057

1. mvschulze says:

The first (original) is what it is and in that respect, good!: darkish, overcast sky, good exposure (great focus and details in the wings.) I feel The brightening and higher contrast of the next 2 (including the B&W) detracts. But, Night flight is Utterly awesome – I love this; and the last (moonlight flight) is a close second. It’s hard to believe they evolved from the original. (Not to knock the original, again, a wonderful image in itself.)

Thanks . . . It’s the first time I’ve found a use for the “solarize” filter in Photoshop, combined with “find edges”.

I didn’t play around with them too much, but I liked the result. It evoked images of planes or ships flying at night.

This is a tough choice. Since the original is so good, it difficult to make a decision. I’m inclined to pick mod 1 and mod 2 as my favorite but the night flights are really very nice, too. Decisions, decisions.

The only reason I played with the original was because of the drab sky. That said, I can appreciate all the variations on their own.

The solarized versions are interesting and eye catching, hence why I have them here. I wanted to combine the image with one of my moon shots, but it got late, and even I need the occasional hour of sleep.

3. renxkyoko says:

Voted. Original. I want it natural and original.

Some of the modified pictures are really elegant, stylized art, and quite beautiful. But my favorite is the original. That is a gorgeous picture, and although it lends itself nicely to all sorts of variations, the original is itself a work of art. I love it!

Thanks. Of course, I like it too. I’ve sat on it for a number of years because it is a grainy photo. I guess I should stop looking at photos with a technical eye, and admire it for the reason I took it in the first place.

5. I like them all, but I think I like the B&W best. I like the Anime too. Tough to decide.

This one was tough to choose since they’re all excellent! Most of my thought have already been expressed in the above comments so I won’t repeat except to add that I voted for the Anime simply because of its overall elegance and diffused, soft look (similar to the Oriental style of painting which is one of my favorites). But I must add that the first and second bold and beautiful Night Flights got more oohs and aahs from me than the rest.

As I said above, those were a surprise for me as well. The solarize filter has always been something I’ve regarded with suspicion and disdain, but when I applied it here, it finally did something I liked.

7. disperser says:

After only five votes (and at present, 17 views) Original is in a comfortable lead, with Anime and Nightflight tied for second.

Once again, I’m guessing most people are not actually seeing the post, but looking at the reader, which won’t show them the poll, or the rest of the photos.

8. didonablog says:

Moonlight and B&W does it for me..moonlight brings a mistery with those minimal subtle colours..B&W is just so pure !

Thank you. A few people were taken with that series, and I like it as well. Although, honestly, there was no intent of high (or low) art; I was trying to salvage a photo I looked, but that I thought was not of good technical quality.