Spring is in the Air

This post went live at 10:57 a.m. MDT, at the Vernal Equinox.

Spring is officially in the air . . .

Spring in the air,

But, as can be seen, not so much. Mind you, we’ve had a warm late February and early March. Warm enough to fool the bulbs into getting some fresh air.

But now . . .

. . . my Daffodils . . .

. . . my Daffodils . . .

. . . my Tulips . . .

. . . my Tulips . . .

Last week they were completely under the snow, so it’s an improvement.

Or is it? I woke up this morning to 14 deg temperatures, and look at the overnight temperatures over the next few days.

Weather

Thankfully, not all the bulbs are coming up, but enough for me to worry about them. I know they are hardy, and Nature usually knows what its doing, but these flowers are not native here.

I can just hear them . . . Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is this!?

We’ll see how it goes. It’s not unusual for us to have snowstorms into late May, so I hope these will acclimate to their new surroundings before then.

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at Disperser.Wordpress.com, know that it has been copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intention, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

Should you still nominate me, I will suspect you pulled my name at random, and that you are not, in fact, a reader of my blog.  If you wish to know more, please read below.

About awards: Blogger Awards          About “likes”:   Of “Likes”, Subscriptions, and Stuff

This entry was posted in Humor, Stuff, Weather and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Spring is in the Air

1. Chillbrook says:

I like your take on Spring is in the air Emilio. I hope your bulbs survive the cold..

I think they will survive the cold…they are, as you say, hardy. And the snow might help a little, actually. It’s when it gets very warm and then gets very cold and then warm again…..if I were a plant, I’d want to give up and lie down and say the heck with it. But daffodils hardly ever do.

I’m more worried about the tulips. Last year we had a late cold spell (20’s for a few days) in late March, and it hurt my Cone Flowers, Beebalm, and a few others that had been fooled by the warm February. Right not it’s only the bulbs, but some of the shrubs are showing signs of buds.

Keeping fingers crossed.

It was snowing here this morning. The first month of spring is much like the last month of winter. Still, it’s an improvement.

4. mvschulze says:

Sadly it took me a second to answer a question to myself on the first image: “what the hell is that coil thi….OH Yeah! SPRING is in the air! Nice!

Thanks. I actually had the spring hanging in the air in front of the camera, and was planning for a single photo, but the wind and lack of sufficient depth of field had me combine two different photos.

And one could not recoil at your interpretation of Spring! Hope all goes well in your garden.

After a couple of days in the open, it’s under a few inches of snow again (actually, slightly sticking out). Two to four more inches tonight. However, I checked them yesterday. They seem no worse for wear.