Topaz Simplify 4 – Part One

I mentioned Topaz Simplify 4 in some of my posts. I wanted to show some of the ‘one click’ presets available to users.

I say ‘one click’ to differentiate them from what you can modify on your own, either starting with a given preset, or starting from scratch (although starting from a given preset is easier).

This first post deals with presets named BuzSim . . . can’t remember if this is a guy, a girl, or a generic name that they use. This particular group is part of the presets that come standard with the software. There are 16 presets in this group, but I’m only going to show 5 since some are pretty close to the others.

Here is the original photo . . .

4262_Illinois_Jun06_1_DIGI

Yup; you’ve just seen this in a previous post (like, the last post). I figure the familiarity will allow readers to concentrate on the effect as opposed to the photo itself.

I won’t name all these effects because they will not mean squat to anyone other than those who have Topaz, and they already know what they are. Also, remember that you can modify the settings for these, and create your own variations.

4262_Illinois_Jun06_1_DIGI-Edit-2 4262_Illinois_Jun06_1_DIGI-Edit-3 4262_Illinois_Jun06_1_DIGI-Edit-4 4262_Illinois_Jun06_1_DIGI-Edit-5 4262_Illinois_Jun06_1_DIGI-Edit

These are five of the sixteen presets available, roughly one from each of the named groupings.

The video shows a little better how they differ from each other.

Part Two will show some of the other available presets.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ o o o o o o ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A Tasty Treat

A Tasty Treat

Astute persons might have noticed these doodles, and correctly surmised they hold some significance for me, and perhaps for humanity at large.

If you click on the doodle, and nothing happens, this is the link it’s supposed to go to: https://disperser.wordpress.com/2011/12/26/palm-vx-and-i/.

Note: if you are not reading this blog post at Disperser.Wordpress.com, know that it has been copied without permission, and likely is being used by someone with nefarious intention, like attracting you to a malware-infested website.  Could be they also torture small mammals.

Should you still nominate me, I will suspect you pulled my name at random, and that you are not, in fact, a reader of my blog.  If you wish to know more, please read below.

About awards: Blogger Awards          About “likes”:   Of “Likes”, Subscriptions, and Stuff

This entry was posted in Effects and Filters, Flowers, Photography Stuff and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Topaz Simplify 4 – Part One

This is the type of photo that Simplify works best on. There is not a lot of detail and what there is of it can be a bit distracting. The use of the filter does do a good job of maintaining the integrity of the subject while applying a nice pleasing effect that is suitable for a lot of subjects.

2. Carissa says:

Now you’ve got me playing with Simplify!! ;)

3. John says:

Simplify is a fun program … like you, I find it relaxing. It’s fun to see how much you can tweak it and still keep the photo looking good… sometimes it’s fun to really go extreme, just for fun.

If you own the whole Topaz Suite, there’s enough relaxation for a few months.

• John says:

I own the Suite … between the Photoshop, Lightroom, Topaz and Nik apps, I can get lost for hours toying around with my photos … though, I must admit that I’ve not been very active with my camera of late. My photographic ‘eye’ is a little cloudy these days … but, with Spring arriving, I am feeling better and more creative. Well see…..

When I get “cloudy”, I make the effort to try something new.

The Photos around the house, the antique stores, macros, etc.

Much like writing, when in a funk, try something new (force yourself to try). Works for me, but then I’m “different”.

That’s a very beautiful original photo you chose to present in more creative ways. I particularly like what Simplify did to the flower petals. A great inspiration for a novice watercolor artist (that would be me) to see beyond what is there.

Do you have simplify?

• AnnMarie says:

Yes, it’s the one I like the most (for now). It allows me to see the many possibilities available for using watercolor (or other mediums) to depicts a subject/scene (mainly from your magnificent photographs) in a unique way. The presets are a great starting point especially when I’m faced with a blank canvas. In other words, they get my creative juices flowing.

5. Pingback: Project 313 – Post No. 237 | Disperser Tracks

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )